Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Cardiff match thread 26/9/15

Comments

• Options
    Only Solly,Bauer,Fox,Kashi and JBG have any depth of experience in that first 11-shocking to be in that state already this season
  • Options
    Shame we aren't playing on the same playing field as some other teams, let alone it being level.

Last night Fulham had Ross McCormack upfront & QPR had Charlie Austin. Lunchtime game being played now MK Do9ns have Nicky Maynard & Derby just took off Chris Martin & replaced him with Darren Bent.

and we have a couple of 18 year olds who have hardly played 10 games between them to come on.

PS - As I type Bent has just scored the winner................
  • Options
    Didnt Gudmundsson start just behind (or go just behind) Watt for the Hull match?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    If anyone is interested, MK 1 Derby 2, Bent just scored in the 88th minute
  • Options
    Good to see Moussa back
  • Options

CHARLTON | Pope, Solly (c), Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Kennedy, Kashi, Cousins, Bergdich, Gudmundsson, Watt

SUBS | Mitov, Lennon, Ba, McAleny, Moussa, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah

A few passengers in that little lot. I fear a car crash of seismic proportions ,but will reserve judgement.
  • Options
    Cardiff Number 1 keeper and Captain is suspended for today's game, so Moore steps in and big Kenwyene Jones is up front for them
  • Options
    That is not a good line up. Feels like last season all over again
  • Options
    Come on, you know we will not score in the first 40 minutes, and only start playing well in the second half. Let's hope it is 0-0 at half time
  • Options
    The McAleny loan seems stranger and stranger.

Can't get a start upfront or on the left although his performances so far haven't warranted one.

Good luck to Josh Umerah and to Moussa.

C'mon Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Pope had made the mistake that Carson has just made for Derby, he would have been classed as div 2 only. MK 1 Derby 3
  • Options
    30 mins till ko..............COYR's
  • Options
    anyone got anything on player yet?
  • Options
    We are so lightweight. I just don't understand all the injuries. Bad luck? Incompetent conditioning, preparation? Something is just not right.

Good to see Moussa again. Another one who has been injured for so long. Seems the Charlton mantra nowadays. Something just doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    Seth, how do you switch to the Cardiff commentary? I can't see how on the new platform.
  • Options
    got it now, but wondering if its behind by a minute or so
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If Pope had made the mistake that Carson has just made for Derby, he would have been classed as div 2 only. MK 1 Derby 3

Poyet didn't cover himself with glory with his poor touch that gifted Ince with Derby's 3rd goal. He doesn't seem to have progressed since leaving us.
  • Options
    Gonna be a long afternoon.
  • Options

Interesting line up. Is this the first time we've played 4-5-1 this season?

Apart from swapping Sarr for Diarra, this is the same side as started vs Blackburn.
  • Options

Apart from swapping Sarr for Diarra, this is the same side as started vs Blackburn.
    I should add, it wasn't all that effective, although there were a couple of times that JoBerg nearly managed to thread a killer through ball.

Great too Moussa back. Getting him fully fit and on form might, might, just offer a solution to our left side problem.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    15 mins till ko.
  • Options

I should add, it wasn't all that effective, although there were a couple of times that JoBerg nearly managed to thread a killer through ball.

Great too Moussa back. Getting him fully fit and on form might, might, just offer a solution to our left side problem.

Only Cardiff dont have a Jordan Rhodes / Dwight Gayle type player which our Defence is struggling against this season
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Masciat never wrong

Today we will perform.
  • Options

The McAleny loan seems stranger and stranger.

Can't get a start upfront or on the left although his performances so far haven't warranted one.

Good luck to Josh Umerah and to Moussa.

C'mon Charlton

From the minute he came on vs Hudds and immediately cut in on his right foot I knew he was going to be a poor signing.

The kid must have something to be rated by Everton but he looks totally the wrong player for us. As a striker he's another small nippy type of which we have several when we need another big lump to help Mak out. As a left winger he's another cut inside job when we need a touch line hugger to balance out the fact that JoBerg always narrows the pitch by cutting in on the other side.

Dunno who picked him but his signing, for me, has the hall marks of some the ill judged early Roland transfer fiascos.
  • Options
    The way Miller played against us for Huddersfield, you suspect that our centre backs will struggle against Kenwyne Jones who's a similar sort of player
  • Options
    IA said:

Seth, how do you switch to the Cardiff commentary? I can't see how on the new platform.

You use your own log in details for Charlton on the Cardiff player.
    I've done it and it's just this minute kicked in.

• Options

Only Cardiff dont have a Jordan Rhodes / Dwight Gayle type player which our Defence is struggling against this season
    Well if we play the way we did vs Blackburn they could beat us with XI welsh vallies grandmas. Jordan Rhodes didn't somehow evaporate our ability to trap a bag of cement or complete a 5 yard pass accurately. That wasn't the formation's fault either though. If the players sharpen up a bit this team is still good enough to get something from the game, I'm certainly not throwing in the towel.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

The way Miller played against us for Huddersfield, you suspect that our centre backs will struggle against Kenwyne Jones who's a similar sort of player

Thought Bauer did alright but you're right, Sarr didn't have a clue how to handle Miller. Depends which Jones shows up though, he's not exactly consistent, but is a proper handful on his day.
  • Options
    Teams on way out...............COYR's
  • Options
    Umerah on the bench is a pretty big event in it's own little way.

teams coming out.

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?