Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RD & KM (ed. insightful interview with Katrien, page 5)

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
2 seasons on the trot we are 5 or 6 players short of a championship squad. Too many crappy foreigners who no one has ever heard for being brought in, in the hope that one or two may be decent so we can sell on for a profit. Too many crappy players again being brought on the cheap with the hope they are miraculously over their injuries problems.

It's like they are dangling a bit of cheese on a bit of string and every time we get a nibble and want more they move it away again and say fuck you thats your lot for a while. This is not just on the pitch with the squad its off the pitch too, Things like catering was supposed to be all brilliant then 5 minutes later just everyone was enjoying it, it went shit again.
Programme sellers disappeared. The £10 voucher for west upper fans who had to be moved was an absolute shambles and even resolving it was a joke.

Pretty bored of it all at the minute.

Comments

• edited September 2015

JBG must be happy, sold the line that we were bringing in quality to get him to sign a new contract & we're a fucking shambles.

Or maybe they just said we will double your money and no one else was that keen?

As for RD, I like the idea of him (a genuine businessman who appears to have made a lot of money honourably), but his football philosophy is not successful so far in terms of results on the pitch. KM I have never thought to much of. Young, naive and no pedigree or experience. She is learning on the job but seems to lack the forethought to listen to others with experience.

• Nicholas said:

Too many crappy players again being brought on the cheap with the hope they are miraculously over their injuries problems..

Who knows if they're that cheap , I wouldn't be so sure ...... Undisclosed bla blah blah
  • Yeah we need FI and CY
  • Sponsored links:

• Spend in january.
  • Spend in january.

The trouble is unless we are in contention by January RD won't spend . Exactly the same as last year.
  • Dave2l said:

All It takes is 2 or 3 games for things to swing either way...where we might be looking up the table again.
    End of august, everything was looking great. All of a sudden in a matter of weeks, it's now looking typically the charlton complete sh*t style of hopelessness.

My fear, on this occasion is that I can't see us regaining positive form anytime soon, but football in general can suddenly surprise and be unpredictable.

The club is not what it used to be and it does not feel quite the same. This has been going on for years and talked about on here many with plenty of open heart honest essays.

Supporting any football club you have to prepare to take the rough with the smooth, but this is a different kind of rough that is hard to explain.
    Initially, I think supporting this club, a lot of people partly fell in love with Charlton for certain reasons.... and some of those reasons most likely seem to be distant memories now...but you do have to move on with stuff if you can and try to get used to change.

I understand why so many fans say they now feel disconnected and bored. If we are winning, then it is bearable and good enough, but if where on a bad run then the whole thing is too overly sour and dull.

I actually miss the days when charlton lost a game and it would have a big enough impact to ruin my weekend.

I seem to have trailed off, ah yes Roland and Katrien...

If I could write I would have also added something like this to my original post. My thoughts exactly.
  • Chizz said:

How many times have we been relegated since they took over?

How many times have we been close to bankruptcy?

How many times have we been evicted from the ground and forced to share the worst stadium in the league?

In the last, say, seventy years, when has the pitch been properly invested in and been in better condition?

Since, say, the war*, when have we had better, realistic, funded, approved plans for training facilities? (Take your pick: Iraq, Falklands, WWII).

We may not be as high up in the football league as most of us want. But without the investment, stability and security that these people have brought to the club, there was always the possibility we wouldn't *be* in the football league.

Then who would we support?

Things could be worse, so nothing can be criticised. Helpful attitude that.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realise this was a one-sided thread, with no opportunity to present a counter-argument. I'll leave you to the gloom. Fill your boots.
  • colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

2 seasons on the trot we are 5 or 6 players short of a championship squad. Too many crappy foreigners who no one has ever heard for being brought in, in the hope that one or two may be decent so we can sell on for a profit. Too many crappy players again being brought on the cheap with the hope they are miraculously over their injuries problems.

It's like they are dangling a bit of cheese on a bit of string and every time we get a nibble and want more they move it away again and say fuck you thats your lot for a while. This is not just on the pitch with the squad its off the pitch too, Things like catering was supposed to be all brilliant then 5 minutes later just everyone was enjoying it, it went shit again.
    Programme sellers disappeared. The £10 voucher for west upper fans who had to be moved was an absolute shambles and even resolving it was a joke.

Only few weeks back that Kashi was the bargain of the season , Big Mc was an idol of the fans all ready shall I go on .........
    Both exaggerations, perhaps ?
  • Sponsored links:

• JBG must be happy, sold the line that we were bringing in quality to get him to sign a new contract & we're a fucking shambles.

Don't worry about JBG, he's earning a fortune. Worry about me who pays for my season ticket out of my salary which is probably a couple of weeks work for him.
  • The only reason I think we won't go down is because last season RD went for some experienced loanees /signings to get us through the mess not the hopeful punts that get us in the mess
    If this fails to happen we are in trouble
    There is no leadership on the pitch , lovely fella and player but as I've said before I don think Chris Solly has the character/personality to be captain
    Luzon to me doesn't appear to have them playing for him and this is where he has to earn his corn and turn it around

The alleged buy at the end of loan fee for Big Mak is £2m as decent(ish) as he has been and obviously as our shit form continues, without him playing he will become even better , I'm not sure I think he's worth that much .... Still if he's the difference between staying up and relegation he'd be a bargain
  • colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

Only few weeks back that Kashi was the bargain of the season , Big Mc was an idol of the fans all ready shall I go on .........
    When will Luzon be sacked?
  • MrLargo said:

Chizz said:

How many times have we been relegated since they took over?

How many times have we been close to bankruptcy?

How many times have we been evicted from the ground and forced to share the worst stadium in the league?

In the last, say, seventy years, when has the pitch been properly invested in and been in better condition?

Since, say, the war*, when have we had better, realistic, funded, approved plans for training facilities? (Take your pick: Iraq, Falklands, WWII).

We may not be as high up in the football league as most of us want. But without the investment, stability and security that these people have brought to the club, there was always the possibility we wouldn't *be* in the football league.

Then who would we support?

I don't go to Charlton to admire the pitch, and whilst I am well aware of the benefits, I'm not that bothered about our training facilities. I've had great enjoyment over the years watching Charlton play on a crap pitch having spent the week training at ramshackle training ground.

We're not going bust - granted.

As for being relegated, that's part of football. I can live with that if we're skint, if people have made mistakes, if we've appointed a manager who we thought would be good but turned out to be terrible, or signed players who weren't as good as they were supposed to be. As long as the ultimate aim was to be the best that we could be, I don't mind if we fail.

Roland seems to aspire to tread water, to muddle through, to achieve mediocrity whilst balancing the books. Difficult to put into words, you either get it or you don't.
    Final paragraph sums up the tenure of the Belgians term so far.