Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ormiston Returns to Oz

Hi All,

Just got back from London this morning and am still feeling crap!!!

Obviously still gutted after the result on Saturday up at Blackburn, I suppose it was a bit much asking for a second return-from-Oz miracle after the Play Off Final in 1998 although I really thought we were going to do it when Benty equalised.

I was devastated when that second goal got deflected in because I knew that there was no way back from there with 10 men and we paid a heavy price for Thatcher's impetuosity.

So, the result was disappointing but I don't regret making the trip because I felt I owed it to the club to make an effort and it would have been a great day if we had pulled off a result which, despite the final score, we were not that far off doing.

Its a long shot now, of course, but I am still keeping the hope alive that somehow we can scrape out of this one.

Cheers

OA

Comments

• Options
    Well done, again, mate. If its any consolation, when I felt fed up about the result, I thought of you and then it didn't seem quite so bad for those of us that only travelled a few hours to be there.
  • Options
    top man ormy, thats proper loyal man
  • Options
    Well done mate
  • Options
    Good on you mate. It was a good day out spoilt....:-)
  • Options
    ah Ormy, i felt for you mate. I'm sure there were plenty on here that had the same thoughts on the drive home. Had a fear you would of gone straight for Beachy Head !!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Chin up mate, "we're staying up*".

*Subject to results going our way
  • Options
    Godd stuff fella