Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesbrough away with Charlton coaches

2»

Comments

• Options
    Or

cabbles said:

Bastard place Ayresome Park. I remember the glass coming over the line of houses behind the turnstiles and the police doing the tea.

I wonder if @Big_Bad_World was up there when Millwall played them in either their promotion season or their first season up in division 1. I only ask because the guy wrote the book the Firm that the film ID was based on, said Boro were terrible at Ayresome. And the police did nothing. Maybe it was because it was Millwall though
    Top o' the morning to ya.

I have vague recollections of that day. I was, if memory serves me correctly, up there with my uncle and remember it being a bit lively.

Losing 4-2 probably didn't help matters.

I've always had a huge amount of respect for Borough fans. True working class fans.
    Agreed - Very well respected on the England scene too!!
    I seem to remember a lot of them turning up to lay a wreath at the Lee Rigby memorial at the Valley last season too, which did not surprise me in the slightest
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Bastard place Ayresome Park. I remember the glass coming over the line of houses behind the turnstiles and the police doing the tea.

I wonder if @Big_Bad_World was up there when Millwall played them in either their promotion season or their first season up in division 1. I only ask because the guy wrote the book the Firm that the film ID was based on, said Boro were terrible at Ayresome. And the police did nothing. Maybe it was because it was Millwall though
    Top o' the morning to ya.

I have vague recollections of that day. I was, if memory serves me correctly, up there with my uncle and remember it being a bit lively.

Losing 4-2 probably didn't help matters.

I've always had a huge amount of respect for Borough fans. True working class fans.
    That Jim Bannon said the police were terrible in his book
    @cabbles , Jim Bannon is a massive fantasist. It's been determined that if he was actually involved with anything then he was on the peripheries of it all. Nobody of any note of that time remembers him as being a major player (excuse the terminology. I've just teleported myself back to the mid to late 80's).

Re the Borough plod, I don't actually recall anything about them to be honest.

@MillwallFan may be in a better position to elaborate (knowing him as I do :wink: )
    He's done very well to pass off that he was so involved. I'm not saying that sarcastically. I genuinely mean the way he talks baout it all, you'd have thought he was integral to it
  • Options
    I remember going up on a Lewis coach 68/69 season. We had a good start that season but got beat 1-0 that day. If I recall correctly the coach left Woolwich around midnight.
  • Options

I remember going up on a Lewis coach 68/69 season. We had a good start that season but got beat 1-0 that day. If I recall correctly the coach left Woolwich around midnight.

Your prediction would have been wrong then.