Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ebbsfleet United

The new name for Gravesend and Northfleet "to tap in to the regeneration of the area". And the fans groups approved it.

So what would you change Charlton's name to if you had to. Only as bit of fun as with should stick with our name and colours as we have always done unlike Millwall Rovers and the Claret and Blue team from SE25.

Thames Corridor Athletic?

Microsoft Operating Systems? (for when Bill Gates puts zillions into the team)

Comments

• that's awful, can't believe the fans would sell their history like that. shame on you gravesend.

I'm still waiting for a mega-rich plastic surgeon to buy the club and rename the ground Silicone Valley
  • When did they merge? I assume they were once two seperate clubs.
  • I am assuming that as they are refer to themselves as "The Fleet" that changing the name will not make that much difference. Still, can't believe they agreed to it. Ebbsfleet doesn't even exist as a place, just a blooming railway station.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When did they merge? I assume they were once two seperate clubs.

originally Northfleet United, then briefly Gravesend United, then finally Gravesend & Northfleet from 1946.
  • Charlton Nil
  • There getting a new ground out of it, by all accounts, so I don't think they mind too much
  • They will soon be bigger than Gillingham at this rate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They will soon be bigger than Gillingham at this rate.

Don't bet against Gillingham moving to a site near Stonebridge road
  • I think Ebbsfleet United already have agreement on the site that Scully was eyeing up
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I think Ebbsfleet United already have agreement on the site that Scully was eyeing up

Ah, cue another Scally rant against Medway council then!!

They should be allowed to move to Temple marsh. Might make the journey for me and Carlsberg a bit slower roundabout the motorway bridge though
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to Henry's original question -

Millennium Utd?
  • Ebbsfleet United? What a crock of old cack. Still, that's the club that was happy to play MK Dons in a friendly last summer.
  • I am well narked with the new name!what a joke!
  • Operation Athletic
  • we need a name that'll attract even more punters from the Valley Express heartlands ...

... "Gravesend and Northfleet" will be available soon
  • East Greenwich Athletic

South Blackheath Athletic

If we were to rename & had an estate agent involved in the process??
  • Charlton Slopes Athletic.

Or we could just name ourselves after a railway station nearby, which would mean we'd be called Charlton Woolwich Dockyard Athletic. (Westcombe Park is taken by a rugby team.)
  • Llaneragog.....................agogagogagog or whatever that place in Anglesey is called
  • Charlton
    United
    New
    Team.....
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Operation Athletic

lol, top notch!
  • Sponsored links:

• In the play off final at their place on Saturday against Steve Brown's former team Dover on Saturday.

Pleased for Brownie , rocky start but done well . Going to pop along myself , always nice to be able to drink a pint at the match whilst standing watching the action.
  • Also beat Dover today in the Kent Cup Final (4-0 I believe, guess both teams rested players too), might pop along Saturday myself.
  • might be quite spicy, I know ebbsfleet "poached" a few dover players and spat their dummy out. Good luck ebbsfleet, Brownie and Varney!
  • Ebbsfleet v Bristol Rovers doesn't quiet sound right to be honest.
  • If they do go up it will be interesting to see what the Kuwait mob do of they go up and if they want to go straight up again.

I can see them building a new ground long term closer to the train station.
  • It's all ticket on Saturday lads, just so you know.
  • Its not all ticket but is expecting to be a sell out so get down early if you want to get in... Adults £10, concessions £8, juniors £5 and U12s get in free with a adult
  • might be quite spicy, I know ebbsfleet "poached" a few dover players and spat their dummy out. Good luck ebbsfleet, Brownie and Varney!

Poached 8 Dover players! So Dover v Dover Old Boys.
  • Blinkant said:

Its not all ticket but is expecting to be a sell out so get down early if you want to get in... Adults £10, concessions £8, juniors £5 and U12s get in free with a adult

You're absolutely right Blinkant, the police have retracted their earlier statement and it is now not all ticket.

Should be a cracker!
  • Seconds out, round one