Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strange Country

The British public never cease to amaze me. A young woman sadly collapses and dies after running a marathon. Despite reports of her taking very dangerous supplements the nation donates £1m in her memory in no time at all.
A police officer is murdered by reckless criminals whilst doing his job of protecting us. He leaves behind a young family. A similar on-line fund is set up and has raised all of £11k so far.

Comments

  • Link to the fund?
  • Wasn't the £1m donated towards her chosen charity of Samaritans which was a page she had started for her marathon run , as opposed to a fundraiser set up for a family who's dad has suffered the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.

    Yes there are plenty of weirdos in our midst , our good selves included

  • edited October 2015
    cafcfan said:

    I agree.
    But while I have no idea what the runner's circumstances are there is a good scheme in place for the family of the police officer. His widow will get a lump sum plus a pension together with a separate gratuity. I believe his kids will also qualify for a child pension.
    In addition anyone serving as a police officer really should have life insurance.
    While, it is all very sad indeed, and they have my condolences it is true to say that the officer's family should not be in need of money. Perhaps people take this into account?

    Good luck getting an affordable life insurance policy as a police officer on a police salary.
  • edited October 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

    cafcfan said:

    I agree.
    But while I have no idea what the runner's circumstances are there is a good scheme in place for the family of the police officer. His widow will get a lump sum plus a pension together with a separate gratuity. I believe his kids will also qualify for a child pension.
    In addition anyone serving as a police officer really should have life insurance.
    While, it is all very sad indeed, and they have my condolences it is true to say that the officer's family should not be in need of money. Perhaps people take this into account?

    Good luck getting an affordable life insurance policy as a police officer on a police salary.
    My sister doesn't seem to have a problem as a constable in the PSNI. Difficult to see why anybody else would.
  • Dazzler21 said:

    Link to the fund?

    https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/nicola-goode-1

    Why you couldn't find it yourself I don't know.
  • Riviera said:

    Dazzler21 said:

    Link to the fund?

    https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/nicola-goode-1

    Why you couldn't find it yourself I don't know.
    Think he meant for the officer Riviera.
  • EastStand said:

    Riviera said:

    Dazzler21 said:

    Link to the fund?

    https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/nicola-goode-1

    Why you couldn't find it yourself I don't know.
    Think he meant for the officer Riviera.
    That is the one for the officer.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Dazzler21 said:

    Lol I could have, in fact I already have donated.

    It was more of a hint to add it to your post.

    I was commenting on the strange attitude of the British people with regard to the police. I was not pushing for people to donate.
  • I defy anyone not to well up after reading the notes his 2 daughters left for him at the scene where he died
  • I defy anyone not to well up after reading the notes his 2 daughters left for him at the scene where he died

    It had me fighting back the tears looking at the photo in the press of him & his wife & children.
  • I defy anyone not to well up after reading the notes his 2 daughters left for him at the scene where he died

    I openly admit I did.

  • Riviera said:

    The British public never cease to amaze me. A young woman sadly collapses and dies after running a marathon. Despite reports of her taking very dangerous supplements the nation donates £1m in her memory in no time at all.
    A police officer is murdered by reckless criminals whilst doing his job of protecting us. He leaves behind a young family. A similar on-line fund is set up and has raised all of £11k so far.

    And not so much of a CL RIP in sight for the fella!! Indeed Riviera, the mind boggles.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!