Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Price of Football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595

Last year we were best value in the league for how much we pay per goal in terms of ticket prices!

Comments

• Options
    Goals for or goals against?
  • Options
    Very interesting, for instance

Reading have a £135 season ticket for fans aged 18 to 24, while Charlton have the cheapest season ticket available to all adults at £175.
    Fulham sell the most expensive season ticket in the division at £839 - pricier than 11 sides in the Premier League.

We seem to be reasonable in all areas
  • Options
    Interesting that Swansea City declined to take part in the survey. Is that what comes of fan ownership?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Reading have a £135 season ticket for fans aged 18 to 24, while Charlton have the cheapest season ticket available to all adults at £175.
    Fulham sell the most expensive season ticket in the division at £839 - pricier than 11 sides in the Premier League.

Apart from a cup of tea or a pie!

• Options
    I'm amazed that Ipswich can get away with charging so much. When you look at the range for the most popular season tickets, we're 301-400 when they're 501-600, joint highest with Hull(!) and for a team which hasn't been in the PL for years.
  • Options

ross1 said:

I'd like to see the full chip-count statistics.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Really? Is our food really that much more expensive than other grounds?
  • Options
    No price per chip?
  • Options
    I know its only one match but it is a shame that this survey never mentions our £5 match ticket each year
  • Options
    Do a lot of other clubs do similar though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton are being charged 25 adults at Reading on Saturday and have struggled to shift a thousand.

If it had been 20, does anyone think we would have sold any more? I don't
  • Options
    How do they expect fans to travel when scheduling a game just 9 saturdays before christmas
  • Options

Charlton are being charged 25 adults at Reading on Saturday and have struggled to shift a thousand.

If it had been 20, does anyone think we would have sold any more? I don't

I saw Barnet on Saturday, and paid £23 to sit in the main stand (it would have been £17 to stand behind one end).
  • Options
    Between £20-£30 is pretty much the going rate for the three divisions outside of the Premier League.
    I wonder what the average is in the Premier League, £50?
  • Options
    Brighton have the dearest pies in the whole country, though they are of a very good quality.
  • Options
    It's cheaper to watch Charlton than Dartford.
  • Options

Between £20-£30 is pretty much the going rate for the three divisions outside of the Premier League.
    I wonder what the average is in the Premier League, £50?

It's cheaper to watch Charlton than Dartford.

That's one of the big problems for L1/L2 and non league sides that their ticket prices are little cheaper than for many Championship clubs. As you go down the divisions the income from sponsors and TV also goes down, so you have to keep ticket prices at a similar level to teams playing at a much higher level.

For someone who just wants to bring their children to watch a game of football, and doesn't support a particular team, why go to see a Welling, Dartford, Barnet etc when you could watch Charlton or Watford (when they are back in the Championship) for much the same price?
  • Options
    Ross said:

No price per chip?

21.4p per chip