Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bagley's

Far too late for me to be clubbing but did anyone go to Bagleys? Promoter was my cousin Debby and another of my cousins, Gila, did the door some times.

Was it a big part of the rave/house scene back in those days?

Comments

• Was pretty big. Had loads of rooms. Bit seedy and in a seedy part of London. I was there the night someone got stabbed and everyone was kicked out on the street at silly o clock in the morning. Not the best of times to be wandering around kings cross?
  • Used to go a lot HI. The place was absolutely massive and very easy to lose your pals in. Had many a good night in there and one particularly bad Halloween experience!

Phil Salon had a lot to do with the place if I remember rightly. Was very close to an excellent club called The Cross as well.
  • Went to Bagley's a few times back in the mid 90's. Far too smashed to remember much about it though!
  • Wasn't Frankie Fraser shot outside Bagley's ?
  • Boysie said:

Wasn't Frankie Fraser shot outside Bagley's ?

Turnmills
  • Thought I'd check out the Leisure Lounge as I'm working up the road. Now a ping pong bar.

I take it Bagley's is now some sort of housing development,the size of it and all?
  • Had some quality nights there in the 90's

York Way was home to several clubs - thing The Cross was owned by same people maybe ?
  • I used to love Bagleys. It seemed regardless of what time the medway massive landed there we'd get in amd be there for hours and come outside to midday sun and poshos inviting us to barbecues in Hampstead and Belize park.

I snogged a girl called Vanessa Upton there after the England v Argentina game in 2002, Google her, she's a piece. As was mentioned above it was a great place to lose mates and pretty fit women as it turned out. The only reason this Vanessa Upton malarkey is relevant is (rightly) my pals didn't believe a word of my story until a photograph in loaded magazine surfaced of the act.
  • Yes went there a lot around 1996-98 to the Freedom nights.

Some very good times but Mondays at work were a struggle then...
  • Boysie said:

Turnmills
    Eurobeat at Turnmillls. Great days. And went to Bagleys couple of times but can't remember the name of the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was there loads of times in the late 90's, good times indeed! Either Bagleys, Hanover grand or Camden Palace. Good Saturday nights after proper Charlton Saturday afternoons!
  • Bagleys - takes me back. Had some good nights there. And Hanover Grand.
  • Boysie said:

Turnmills
    Turnmills was my favourite club in London. 'The Gallery' every Friday night was legendary.
  • so what drugs were you all indulging in?
  • Carter said:

I used to love Bagleys. It seemed regardless of what time the medway massive landed there we'd get in amd be there for hours and come outside to midday sun and poshos inviting us to barbecues in Hampstead and Belize park.

I snogged a girl called Vanessa Upton there after the England v Argentina game in 2002, Google her, she's a piece. As was mentioned above it was a great place to lose mates and pretty fit women as it turned out. The only reason this Vanessa Upton malarkey is relevant is (rightly) my pals didn't believe a word of my story until a photograph in loaded magazine surfaced of the act.

Vanessa Upton is mint. One of the blokes I worked with in the LA2 (the old Busby's on Charing Cross Rd) shagged her after she did some fetish work at slimelights. Gorgeous woman - and apparently a lovely girl. From Croydon I think?
  • Yep I used to go there, think I watched a TV program about a year ago, or maybe it was online, had videos of when it was a club and then the development that was going to take place, was just a big empty shell.
  • so what drugs were you all indulging in?

Whatever I could get my hands on!! :wink:
  • Ha York Way. I liked my tea with Milk n 2 sugars.

Pwopa off your face ambience..dirty garage ravers. Stabbing guaranteed once a night.

It was always a wake up call to be off your tits coming out into Kings X then having to sober up pretty quickly as King cross is not the most friendly of places for a loved mong head at 6.30 on a Sunday morning.

Pulled all sorts there but without fail, all mingas
  • Boysie said:

Turnmills
    Turnmills was my favourite club in London. 'The Gallery' every Friday night was legendary.
    Gallery is also my favorite night of all time

Superb sound system, atmosphere was totally friendly, I swapped my trainers with some random at 2am and swapped em back at 6am
  • Oh to bring those days back.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Boysie said:

Turnmills
    Gallery is also my favorite night of all time

Superb sound system, atmosphere was totally friendly, I swapped my trainers with some random at 2am and swapped em back at 6am
    There was always a bald tall bloke in the middle of the dance floor with a bright yellow top. He stood still but had his hand on one hip and the other pointing towards the DJ. Teapot man we called him.

Tall Paul used to be awesome in there and I can remember Benny Bennasi playing a blinder in there as well.

Great times although my jaw doesn't miss it!!!
  • Charlton are proper shit let's all go get on the pills instead
  • Let's get teapot man in as the new gaffer.

Probably more qualified in terms of his footballing CV than always Luzon in any event