Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

spurs fans i've talked to are so confident they are going to win

that you just know the three points are in the bag for us...

Comments

• Options
    Never in doubt.
  • Options
    What is this, the jinx corner?

:P
  • Options
    From the Spurs point of view, the game is also a "must win" game to keep our European aspirations alive.

TBH, I feel that if we can keep a clean sheet, we'll get the 3pts but its not going to be easy. Charlton have a habit of turning us over. With Berbatov and Keane pulling the strings up front, your back four will be under pressure and I really cant see the game ending goaless. The key will be our back four.

However, should ynu beat us, at veast we would have more than contributed to the downfall of the Spanners from Upton Park!
  • Options
    The only positive is that Spurs haven't kept a clean sheet in ages, and regularly let in 2 or more.

If we can get a goal and put Spurs under pressure there could be a real crowd response.

We definately don't want Spurs singing 'Shalalalala-lala We sent the Addicks down'
  • Options
    'We definately don't want Spurs singing 'Shalalalala-lala We sent the Addicks down'

We don't, but don't put your money on it.
  • Options
    yid did nid.
  • Options
    have never liked spurs. this "johnboy" character sounds ok, but I still can't fathom them.

Still, at least they're not muppet-gunner-knobs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite] this "johnboy" character sounds ok.

ok ? know him since you were 5 like me and you may have a different opinion !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]this "johnboy" character sounds ok.

ok ? know him since you were 5 like me and you may have a different opinion !!!

Well, was just trying to be kind like - wouldn't want to mock the afflicted and all that.

There's a Spurs fella at work. I asked him why he supported them.
    "My first memory was when we won the cup" he said.
    "When was that - 82?"
    Fella just looked at me. "I was born in 1985"
    Old? You know it!
  • Options
    Johnboy is not your average Spurs fan. No mullet, no designer clobber, no pointed shoes, no arrogance.

And if i was nasty i would tell you about the Arsenal programmes he used to bring to primary school, but i'm not like that..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But I bet he goes crackers as soon as Chas n Dave come on.
    Gertcha!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Its just that they think they are a big club and they have won fook all since the double in 61 or was it 62....they have a swarmy we are so great attitude...I've even got one over here in the States and you would have thought they have won the championship the last 2 years the way he goes on...loved it when we stuffed them at WHL a couple of years ago...they did beat us 5-1 this year but funnily enuff we were the better team the first 20-30 mins....don't like 'em never had and will always remember when we beat them 4-1 in the old 2nd div in the late 70's...Laurie Abrahams scored a couple that game...when the 4th went in one of the spurs wanchors hit a retarded kid who was cheering for us...needless to say it kicked off...they will always leak goals until they sign a decent CH if we can just take care of Berbatov and Keane...get Kish to give us a couple of Bulgarian swear words for HH to give it to Berbatov...he looks a bit of an iron...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]But I bet he goes crackers as soon as Chas n Dave come on.
    Gertcha!

AFKA might have told you the story about when we went to Gran Canaria and I played Chas n Dave on the portable stereo through customs...they weren't too happy as you can imagine!
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]they will always leak goals until they sign a decent CH if we can just take care of Berbatov and Keane...get Kish to give us a couple of Bulgarian swear words for HH to give it to Berbatov...he looks a bit of an iron...

No offence ct_addick but dont you class Ledley King and Michael Dawson as "a decent centre half"?
    Once Ledders is fully fit again, we get the midfield anchor sorted out between either Zokora or Tainio and we get a left-back fit then we'll be keeping regular clean sheets like we did last year. I know what you mean about Berbatov though - he has that simpleton look about him, if you know what I mean?

If Pardew has got any sense, he'll play Rohmedahl on the right up against our make shift left-back Rocha and exploit our faliure to deal with set pieces...
  • Options
    i don't think you've seen our set pieces lately....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i don't think you've seen our set pieces lately....[/quote]

what's a set piece ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i don't think you've seen our set pieces lately....

what's a set piece ?

i think he means set price!! ;-)
  • Options
    If Pardew has got any sense, he'll play Rohmedahl on the right up against our make shift left-back Rocha and exploit our faliure to deal with set pieces...[/quote]

yeah but i think Jol should play lennon on the left as he wont get much change out of HH ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]If Pardew has got any sense, he'll play Rohmedahl on the right up against our make shift left-back Rocha and exploit our faliure to deal with set pieces...

yeah but i think Jol should play lennon on the left as he wont get much change out of HH ;-)[/quote]

lol