Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can somebody explain please.

I have a season ticket in the east stand block F. which i purchased before the deadline so i got the reduction. Yesterday i wentin to the ticket office because i wanted to sit in the north upper for this game and i asked if i could have a ticket anywhere in the n/u as i knew it would be half empty and i could probably get near my friends. Now i might be naieve but as the north upper season ticket is cheaper than an east stand season ticket i thought a small admin fee would be charged and a ticket would be forthcoming but no not at Charlton, "that will be £16.00 please" the young lady said, Now the guy in front of me had just bought a n/u seat for £17.00. So when i asked why the charge of £16.00 i was given some baffling reason to do with me getting a reduced rate season ticket but by then i gave up and went and sat in my usual seat. So can someone preferably AB explain.

Comments

• Options
    sums up the bullshit inherent in contemporary booking systems .. computer says .. nooooooooooo .. and there's no way to circumvent what the computer demands
  • Options
    Why should you not pay for the ticket in the upper north. Charlton can't resell your ticket in the east stand. It would be like giving you a refund on your season ticket for one game then selling you the ticket for the upper north. That would be crazy and totally unworkable.
  • Options
    Why did you buy an expensive season ticket for a part of the ground you don't want to sit in?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Why should you not pay for the ticket in the upper north. Charlton can't resell your ticket in the east stand. It would be like giving you a refund on your season ticket for one game then selling you the ticket for the upper north. That would be crazy and totally unworkable.

This is the reason, plus if people were to regularly change seats it makes a season ticket pointless.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

He has already paid for the seat in the east stand so why can they not just give him a ticket for a cheaper seat and mark that the east stand ticket has been used? Is he not I in effect paying more than the ticket price to sit in the NU ?

Like have business class plane ticket and then asking to sit in economy where there are spare seats.
  • Options
    Why did you buy a season ticket?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He has already paid for the seat in the east stand so why can they not just give him a ticket for a cheaper seat and mark that the east stand ticket has been used? Is he not I in effect paying more than the ticket price to sit in the NU ?

Like have business class plane ticket and then asking to sit in economy where there are spare seats.
    So in affect he has two seats for the price of one
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

So in affect he has two seats for the price of one
    No as on their system they would probably be able to mark his normal seat as available. Besides... It's not as if we were going to sell out anyway.
  • Options
    Next time just walk round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I half expected to get a few idiotic replies. Firstly the reason I bought a season ticket is the same as why I've bought one since 1971. Secondly I sit with my father who is also a season ticket holder aged 87 but yesterday he being unwell and unable to attend I thought I'd take the oportunity to sit with a few mates in the upper North. As for why did I not want to pay, if you read what I said I expected to pay an admin fee which was £3 the last time I did it albeit about ten year ago. Also they release your ordinal seat for re sale. So Kentred, Chizz and BPhasnohair I hope this explains it a bit more clearer for you.
  • Options
    Lol was there a bit of Stuwall going on there regarding the unused season ticket seat already being used
  • Options
    Even when there were actual people looking at your season ticket book they'd let you through in any stand (8/10 times).
    Charlton creates jobsworths, always has, at a faster rate than good footballers definitely.