Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would Curbs Come Back?

I know they say never go back , but in my lifetime Imo he's my favourite Charlton manager in my lifetime, he knows what we've been through, he took us from mediocrity, to something special, if they've got anything about them , should the Board be trying to get him to come back, or would he not touch us with a barge pole, and you wouldn't blame him.

Comments

• Options
    He'd have to sign the players, otherwise he'd be another puppet.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I wouldn't want him back with these jokers in charge.

I wouldn't want Powell back with these jokers in charge.

I wouldn't want Guardiola, Mourinho or Shankly with these jokers in charge.

It would be a waste.

We are never going to progress as a team on the pitch whilst Duchalet is pulling Meire's strings regardless of the manager/coach.

We certainly won't have Shankly in charge, bit difficult that one.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I wouldn't want him back with these jokers in charge.

I wouldn't want Powell back with these jokers in charge.

I wouldn't want Guardiola, Mourinho or Shankly with these jokers in charge.

It would be a waste.

We are never going to progress as a team on the pitch whilst Duchalet is pulling Meire's strings regardless of the manager/coach.

How about Fergie WTJIC?
  • Options
    No - obviously.
  • Options
    WSS has it in one, while Roland the Rat is owner nothing will change and this is why we need to get him out ASAP.
  • Options
    As it ever worked out for a manager second time around?
    Off the top of my head I can't think of one even the special one is finding it a challenge this season.
    I wouldn't think for one moment that Curbs would give it a seconds thought. And I would hate to see his reputation tarnished by this incompetent joke of a football club.
  • Options
    Hope he does. It would take him a couple of years to rebuild the squad though and have people the patience? We need an experienced, quality manager now or we could be cut adrift at the bottom before the transfer window in January.
  • Options
    Not a fan of managers going back, but in this case I really believe it is what the club needs.

At least Curbs could organize a team, the fans would also give him time.
  • Options
    Could he buy the club?? He must be pretty minted. If we get relegated Roland sells us for pittance and then curbs becomes owner/coach. Id be very happy with that (apart from the relegation part).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off the top of my head I can't think of one even the special one is finding it a challenge this season.
    I wouldn't think for one moment that Curbs would give it a seconds thought. And I would hate to see his reputation tarnished by this incompetent joke of a football club.

Eddie Howe.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Nobody in their right mind would work under these clowns.
  • Options

Nobody in there right mind would work under these clowns.

This is exactly what the problem is.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Eddie Howe.
    Anyone else?
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

A spokesman for Curbs said he is unavailable for comment as he rehearsing for pantomime season at the Orchard theatre alongside Jim Davidson. Although an insider at the Orchard Said I was passing Mr Curbishley' s dressing room and overheard him say " Feck off Dopey and take Snow White with you" so there may have been an approach.

• Options
    Would be a great fit, but it ain't gonna appen.
  • Options
    I'd love Curbs to come back but, would you want him to come into this mess?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Don't want him back at all thanks .....

And anyone asking for Powell back come on ...... We would have been in div one if he had not gone RD had to sack him because slater and TJ did not have the balls to do it before Xmas

Smell the coffee.....

#stilltryingtoohard
  • Options
    He could never repeat what he did before under this regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

And anyone asking for Powell back come on ...... We would have been in div one if he had not gone RD had to sack him because slater and TJ did not have the balls to do it before Xmas

Smell the coffee.....

C'mon Colin time for bed mate... Dont forget to take your pills before you tootle off
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Smell the coffee.....

Don't you like successful managers?
  • Options
    I love curbs to bits but I don't think it would be right for him to come back.

1. What's the point with RD here...curbs would have a very restrictive role it would be shit for him he would not have the control he was used to and that would dig away at his belief and happiness.
    Would only end with curbs having to walk.

2. He's been out the game for a while now to the point where it's too long.

3. I wouldn't want to see his reputation tarnished. Sorting this club out to where we want to be is a very big ask.