Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I do feel sorry for the players on the pitch

Ok, our performances have been better. But it looks like they clearly being affected mentally by what is going on above them. You have to feel for them. I know they really want to perform and do well. Maybe they didn't get on with Luzon, I don't know. The likes of Sols I think are going through the motions. They just need a good arm round them and good man management. Ability wise it does not matter how good you are if there issues affecting you psycologically it can be very difficult to get the performance levels up. One thing is for sure they are certainly NOT gutless and the are certainly NOT unwilling to try. They need to keep the faith and one good result when you are not too far behind can kick-start your season again.

Comments

• Options
    The club have backed the players though to be fair. Gudmundsson & Cousins both got improved deals early on & even Pope and Fox have been given pay rises despite them only very rarely performing at a championship standard...so Its hard to feel too sorry for them!
  • Options
    why?

they don't appear that bothered!
  • Options
    they are to blame just as much as guy was.
  • Options

why?

That's how it may appear but I can promice by and large they are bothered
  • Options

Nah i dont, they made Preston and Brentford look like the1970s Brazil team. Fecking McCormack thought he was Socrates.

That's quite a philosophical statement about McCormack.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So if they couldn't be bothered for Guy how are they going to react when they find out the new boss was in charge of a 3rd tier team from Belgium. :worried:
  • Options
    Couldn't be bothered for SCP, Peeters or Luzon. They have only really played for Riga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

why?

and how do you know that?

if they were bothered they wouldn't have taken us fans for a f@cking bunch of mugs. on the other hand perhaps we are, for not walking out until this situation is sorted!
  • Options

why?

and how do you know that?

if they were bothered they wouldn't have taken us fans for a f@cking bunch of mugs. on the other hand perhaps we are, for not walking out until this situation is sorted!
    All I say is don't turn on the players too much when there is a lot of hostilaty above their heads.
  • Options
    Anyone see Ibi makienoks tweet yesterday? Think maybe the players werent agreeing with luzon and there may have been a bit of player revolting behind the scenes. Simon mak definitely was pissed off when subbed yesterday so maybe theyre heads are down because of other things not the fact that theyre noy bothered!
  • Options
    When players are distracted it's obvious that they cannot perform to their best. There have been too many distractions over the past couple of years, no wonder they aren't firing on all cylinders.
  • Options
    Exactly my point
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I stood by my comment last week and I still stand by my comments now. To say the players don't care and they are just picking up their pay is just total and utter bollocks as far as I'm concerned. At Boro what I saw was not gutless and or spineless (which is an annoying cliché). That suggests that they don't want to try. They do. We stood up ok for an hour as far as defence was concerned but when Boro finally made that breakthrough that gave them the confidence and ours went a bit. On the attacking front we were looking nervous when we had possession but that comes when you are in a rut. Boro pressed us high and when we had possession that slightly affected us knowing how much they were pressing. It's not lack of wanting to, but a little calmness, but that is also something that comes during a rut. However, they are an honest bunch of lads who are being affected by what's going on. It can be easy to criticise but try having a go at being a player when there is so much going on above your heads.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
  • Options
    Good article in Sunday Times today By Rod Liddle. Hits the nail on the head although as a Millwall fan cannot resist
    a pop at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that JBG sees a long term and passionate career at Charlton, and wants to stay enough years for a testimonial.
  • Options
    You must have heard wrong...
  • Options

You must have heard wrong...

Straight up bro, I heard that about Yoni last season until he was forced out of the club under a cloud allegedly.

• Options
    edited November 2015