Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You have to wonder why Richard Murray...

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
As a board member (non-exec chairman), and to a lesser extent Keith Peacock, continue to wish to have their name associated with the Belgium Naffia, and ongoing shambles?

Not slagging either off, just don't know how they can stay part of it

Comments

• Options
    I made this point yesterday. First he sold us to the crooks Jiminez and Slater and insisted they were the best options for the club. Now he's standing by letting Roland destroy the club. I thought he was supposed to be a Charlton man. Does anyone know what his role is? He should be the one stepping in saying this is all wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    God knows.

Maybe they think as long as they are there they can exert some control over the nutters, maybe we'd somehow be worse off without their influence ?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I suspect that RM is unable to relinquish his part in the club, perhaps because he needs to know what's going on but also because of his arrogant streak whereby he still wants to believe he is Mr. Charlton. Both are delusional but why would anyone want to knock an old man's dreams?
  • Options
    He will retire soon and there will be a big thing about his many years spent in service to Charlton when actually all he has done is be a 'yes' man and a walk over for different dictatorial owners.
  • Options
    I was thinking that about Keith Peacock and that picture in votv of him sitting right next to KM.
  • Options
    Has he still got money tied up in the club? If he has then I suspect, like any one of us would, he wants his money back. So simply leaving isn't necessarily an option.
  • Options

I suspect that RM is unable to relinquish his part in the club, perhaps because he needs to know what's going on but also because of his arrogant streak whereby he still wants to believe he is Mr. Charlton. Both are delusional but why would anyone want to knock an old man's dreams?

I imagine money is involved in him staying on.
  • Options
    Murray is directly responsible for our successes and now our failures.

By staying involved he is legitamising the way the club is run and the recruitment policy of the club with regards to Managers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

I was thinking that about Keith Peacock and that picture in votv of him sitting right next to KM.

In the infamous L'Echo article, it said that when we scored, KM fell into the arms of a "vedette pensionnee", which means literally pensioner star. Of course, she hasn't had much cause to fall into his arms since August.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Has he still got money tied up in the club? If he has then I suspect, like any one of us would, he wants his money back. So simply leaving isn't necessarily an option.

His situation is the same as the others owed money on promotion to the PL. They are not on the board and they certainly don't see him as their representative.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

His situation is the same as the others owed money on promotion to the PL. They are not on the board and they certainly don't see him as their representative.
    So if he walked away from his postion and spoke out he would still get his money should we ever get back to the pl?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

So if he walked away from his postion and spoke out he would still get his money should we ever get back to the pl?
    It's a legal charge over the assets and ranks above Staprix debt. Even if we were wound up, it takes priority from proceeds of the sale of The Valley.
  • Options
    He can't publicly say it, but he's probably peed off like the rest of us, except he's got 7 million riding on it.
  • Options
    If it were me and I had a lot of money tied up in something, I'd rather be close to that money than not, even if the whole thing stinks.
  • Options

He can't publicly say it, but he's probably peed off like the rest of us, except he's got 7 million riding on it.

More like £4m now, I think.
  • Options
    Has he been there lately though. Keith Peacock seems to have been sitting next to KM n the last few games.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    McCartney said:

Has he been there lately though. Keith Peacock seems to have been sitting next to KM n the last few games.

Missed the Fulham game and the chance say hi to Curbs - otherwise he's been there to my knowledge. Was there yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What does he actually do ? I'd like to know cos for many years now we've not heard hardly anything from him, just a man picking up wages for what?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

What does he actually do ? I'd like to know cos for many years now we've not heard hardly anything from him, just a man picking up wages for what?

Unlikely he's getting paid.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I don't think he's on the payroll, if he's got any sense he'd be telling Roland and Katrien they've really naused it up this time.

• Options
    Fair enough gents , didn't know that
  • Options
    I can't see that the club and the situation inside the club would be improved by either of them walking away although I've no inside knowledge on which to base my opinion. KP walking away would certainly be more of a loss I think.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

It's a nice little number isn't it? He gets a fee, gets free food and drinks and a nice comfy seat, free West Stand car park pass (£800 for ordinary hard-working supporters) and can pretend he's still living the glory years.
    The old joke is probably apposite. Q. What's the difference between a non-exec chairman and a shopping trolly? A. The shopping trolley has a mind of its own but you can get more food and drink in the non-exec.

The first part of your post is ridiculously unfair (and surprising coming from you). He's lost millions over the years he led Charlton, I think he's earned his car park pass. He's also painfully aware of the truth of your non-exec chairman joke.

I don't pretend to know why he sticks around, but he has done his best to help establish dialogue between the Trust and the ownership. It's not his fault that it has not got very far, but without him it would be even less.
    Can we ask what has come of the dialogue?
  • Options
    SFA