Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To those who gave Richard Murray grief on Your Views on the old OS

during the final couple of years or so on the old OS on the Your Views sections which was similar to CL many fans were shouting for Murray out. Yes he got it wrong over Dowie but without him we wouldn't have had all the Premier League years. Lightyears as it may seems now. My reaction to those posts was be careful what you wish for. Look now, those fans may have got their wish but now we have an owner who fans are even more vocal about wanting out. I just want to know if the Murray Out brigade are happy now? I mean Murray decides to sell and then you'll be saying that owner out. Gives me no pleassure in saying told you!

Comments

• Options

Well if it gives you no pleasure, why make the thread? This is not helpful at all. We should be encouraging unity rather than thinking of every way possible to point the finger at other supporters.

In no way shape or form am I blaming any fan at all. I think Murray wanted out regardless of what people thought. He wanted new investment and got it through TJ and MS who were ok as well but could not cope once Kevin Cash left and then it was them who thought the Belgians were ok.
  • Options
    Murray did much good. I struggle to think he had a clue RD would or could be as hapless as he has turned out to be. None of us did
  • Options
    And don't forget Murry said he would not take a penny back till they were back in the Prem, could be a long wait.
  • Options
    I seem to remember it was David Smith and Nick Gray being among the most vocal for Murray to. I just wonder how they are feeling now seeing what this forum and social media have been saying since Karel's appointment last night. They may have got their wish as far as Murray is concerned but I am sure they cannot be happy with what is there now.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Richard Murray is a top man, in hindsight, the only mistake Murray made - was not taking the chance to sell the club whilst in the Premiership.
  • Options

during the final couple of years or so on the old OS on the Your Views sections which was similar to CL many fans were shouting for Murray out. Yes he got it wrong over Dowie but without him we wouldn't have had all the Premier League years. Lightyears as it may seems now. My reaction to those posts was be careful what you wish for. Look now, those fans may have got their wish but now we have an owner who fans are even more vocal about wanting out. I just want to know if the Murray Out brigade are happy now? I mean Murray decides to sell and then you'll be saying that owner out. Gives me no pleassure in saying told you!

Are these not the same people asking for Curbs to go as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Most likely. Look where that got us.
  • Options
    Under Richard Murray and Peter Varney the club was run properly , Charlton fans who had the club at interest . along with the fans.
  • Options
    tonka said:

Under Richard Murray and Peter Varney the club was run properly , Charlton fans who had the club at interest . along with the fans.

Deffo
  • Options
    Richard Murray was a big part of when it was all going very well. He helped accomplish some great memorable recent history for charlton.

Curbs, Varney, Murray - all key names that obviously worked great together. Curbs left and it crumbled. No where near as simple as I'm making it sound but it's basically what happened. People that just had a particularly good and healthy working relationship.

I don't know the man personally and have never met him so don't have a great insight. Some people have less positive things to say about him.

I will say and remind people that the man did suffer a sad story of personal tragedy. Will always hold a candle for him in that sense. Can't have been easy.

He's done a lot for this club and will choose to remember the good times of his very positive input.
  • Options
    It feels so long ago now... almost like it didnt even happen...

A happy, strong , well supported club... all up in smoke
  • Options

No
  • Options
    tonka said:

Utter tosh post 2005.
  • Options
    E=mc2 said:

Richard Murray is a top man, in hindsight, the only mistake Murray made - was not taking the chance to sell the club whilst in the Premiership.

Not the only mistake, also the panic sacking of Dowie which was probably only superseded by the panic appointment of Dowie which was only superseded by the ridiculous sacking of Brian Cole.
  • Options
    Never has the term 'Move on' been more appropriate
  • Options
    what's done is done cant change it, we have some Belgian lunatic that owns us, its up to individual supporters how they want to carry on, for me not attending home matches for a couple of months is a way I can get some sort of good out of the situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The truth is that most football fans behave like spoiled children and are never happy unless it all goes their way.

For many fans it will never be enough until we are challenging for a Champions League place. There were calls for qualification into Europe when Curbishley was here when our budget was one of the lowest in the division and we were still running up debts.

It's not easy running a football club. For all his faults I believe that RM wanted what we did. He was a fan first and a multi-millionaire second. Maybe he made some mistakes; maybe he ran out of miracles. Either way I don't think his integrity should even be questioned, something I can't say for the current owner or CEO!
  • Options
    The worst thing we can does to alienate the likes of RM.

I don't see any solution to the current problem that sets supporters against people who have access to RD and could represent the views of passionate supporters.

If we accept for a moment that however much we can't accept RD's way of managing CAFC, his objectives and our objectives do not have to be mutually exclusive.

The problem is the people he is relying on, and what advice he thinks he needs, rather than the advice he should be getting.

I have struggled to think of any action that could possibly solve that problem, I don't believe we can do anything that will make him sell up. So why not think about how he might be persuaded to accept:
    1 His strategy for appointing management is flawed
    2. He is relying too much on people who are unfamiliar with English football
    3. He is not harnessing the value of whatever works in Belgium to develop talent

If RM and Keith Peacock could be persuaded to front up with RD and call a "do or die" crisis meeting to put arguments to RD that he cannot refute and change his advisers and key management team, it would be positive. Negative action to vent our anger and frustration needs to be resisted.

The one good thing about RD as an owner, is that he clearly has a social conscience and is a man of principles. Many owners are property developers and property developers never, ever, ever have enough cash. The temptation to suck cash out of a club or sell its assets when they are desperate for the next fix of a property deal, spells disaster when it comes.

For that reason I do not see selling CAFC to anyone just to rid ourselves of RD is the best idea.

RD will not respect gestures that challenge his motives. The only thing he cannot refute is failure of his management and he needs top get some home truths from people whose credential he cannot question. Supporter groups need to seek the right conduit for their views to be listened to, rather than try and bomb their way in.

How is another issue.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

tonka said:

Utter tosh post 2005.
    Compared to now