Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guy Luzon thanks fans

@CAFCofficial: Luzon: "It was a big pleasure to be part of this club." #cafc

@CAFCofficial: GL: "The players, the fans & the staff were unbelievable, especially the fans. They were amazing when we won & also in the bad times." #cafc

@CAFCofficial: GL: "Charlton will always have a big place in my heart. I will continue to follow the club and I wish them all the best." #cafc

I know he will never see this but thanks Guy and I'm sorry it didn't work out, I loved your passion and desire to win, thanks for also keeping us up. I'm also sorry for those idiot "fans" signing your getting sacked in the morning - I can imagine that's not a nice thing to hear.

Wish you all the best mate, and sorry our board let you down.

Comments

• Options

@CAFCofficial: GL: "The players, the fans & the staff were unbelievable, especially the fans. They were amazing when we won & also in the bad times." #cafc

@CAFCofficial: GL: "Charlton will always have a big place in my heart. I will continue to follow the club and I wish them all the best." #cafc

I know he will never see this but thanks Guy and I'm sorry it didn't work out, I loved your passion and desire to win, thanks for also keeping us up. I'm also sorry for those idiot "fans" signing your getting sacked in the morning - I can imagine that's not a nice thing to hear.

Maybe I'm wrong but interpreted your getting sacked in the morning more of a dig at RD. At no point did anyone sing We want Luzon out for example
  • Options
    I think most fans liked Guy and would rather have him in charge for the next few games than the new interim manager.
  • Options
    Are they the same words the last one said when he left ?
  • Options
    Godstone said:

I think most fans liked Guy and would rather have him in charge for the next few games than the new interim manager.

No. He had to go. Unfortunately, he had no one with him prepared to fight. When will we get someone with his passion but with a bit more tactical nouse? I will always remember the hysteria down the touch line at the Hull game. Cheers!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Is he going to manage Blackpool now?

No, Alcorcon. Or Carl Zeiss Jena.
  • Options
    Pity, I had such high hopes. Good luck Luzo.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Thanks guy, good bloke deep down who did actually want what's best for the club.unlike some
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

seth plum said:

Is he going to manage Blackpool now?

No, Alcorcon. Or Carl Zeiss Jena.
    Bobby Peeters was sacked by Lokeren yesterday, opens the door for Luzon ;-)
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Thanks Guy. You plotted the hapless Karl Pilkington lookalike's demise with your Belgian cohorts and now, in turn, they've turfed you out in favour of another nomark. Doesn't life suck? We'll miss reading about what's about to happen at our club in the Israeli press. And Dana. Bye Dana.

I forgot about Dana. She really will be missed !
  • Options
    Nice touch.
  • Options

Well said CBB
  • Options
    Can anyone post the sweet dreams vid, I could do with cheering up.
  • Options
    Never likely to get a gig at a club of our size again. Proven failure of a manager. Company yes man who knew what he was signing up for when he joined. We gave you an easy time because the owner has sapped any fight from the crowd not because you were particularly popular.

Seems like we will have forgotten you before you forget us!
  • Options
    A young coach who will know doubt grow from the experience, and will be successful if he gets as far away from RD as he possibly can.
  • Options

A young coach who will know doubt grow from the experience, and will be successful if he gets as far away from RD as he possibly can.

Would be interesting to read the views/thoughts/experiences of ex Network managers when they've finally escaped.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent guy? Possibly. Hopeless manager, promoted way above his ability, certainly. But almost unbelievably probably better qualified than the clown appointed on an 'interim' basis tonight.
  • Options
    No clue how to stop the slide! When it happened to Curbs or Powell they could turn it around. When you get tonked 3-0 by the bottom team its time to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    A good egg who jumped out of the fire and into frying pan and ended up getting scrambled.

Wish him well, think he respected the fans and the club as much as can be expected in the circumstances. Shame he's ended up tangled up in Roland's web but I'm sure he'll do okay somewhere.
  • Options
    The mystery of Vetokele and Kashi is the key to what went wrong with Luzon's tenure. It's hard to pass judgement on him without knowing what went on with those two. It certainly looked like the players weren't playing for him against Brentford. At times last season he seemed like an excellent manager and if the season had gone on for another 5/6 games I think we'd have made the playoff's, such was our run of form. I think he was a far better manager than Peeeters.
  • Options
    We picked up six points in seven games from April onwards, could have played five or six games more than all of the other teams and still not made the playoffs.
  • Options
    To be fair I thought and hoped he was turning it around after coming in in Jan. The injuries didn't help toward the end of his tenure, but the football was starting to look very poor. I hope he does well elsewhere, he seemed like a decent bloke and showed some signs of being a good coach
  • Options
    Looks like he's with David Marline