Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just call me Dad !

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
now that the initial 3 months are out of the way I am telling all and sundry (with a pumped out chest) about my impending fatherhood....it'll be my first and I'm dead chuffed, mother and bump are doing fine....first thing I did was check who we are playing closest to the due date of the 19th March !

The club shop will do some decent business around that time...

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations. Didnt think you had it in you! :-)
  • Options
    Congrats to you and the other half mate

Just dont bank on the club shop having any baby stuff in stock ;-)
  • Options
    Nice one man, congrats to you and Mrs Eltham and bump.
  • Options
    Congratulations - make sure you get your sleep in now...I have a near 2 year old and it's bloomin knackering I tell thee...

I've searched thru the club shop and haven't been impressed with the baby / kids wear to be honest and so haven't bought anything yet, but have got him running around the garden kicking a football in preparation for wearing his first 'red shirt' :-)
  • Options
    Congrats mate,

Ketman knows a good babysitter...
  • Options
    Congrats Eltham.

Brace yourself for the unreasonable food and craving demands from your good lady.

My wife's was Orange Ice lollies - by the bucketload.

All the best
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Congrats. CAFC support will soon be increasing by +1.
  • Options
    congratulations,and you don't have to drive for the next 6 months!
  • Options
    Congratulations mate

We've got our second one due in March also

Good luck !
  • Options
    Congratulations from me also.

My wife craved fruit pastilles when she was pregnant with our first. That was annoying as I prefer Wine Gums.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    responses in order...

1) Curb-it, I was always confident..;o)

2) AFKA, I don't think I'll be asking for his number !

3) Arfur - it's Chocolate ice cream and fruit all the way for her at the moment ! (and loads of sleep which leaves me with the sky remote by about 8pm each night !)

4) PeakeysRocket, unfortunately she is learning to drive at the moment but I'm hoping she'll be passed v soon !!!!!
  • Options
    congratulations to you and your other half what wonderful news. The 3 month scan eh? remember it well and nearly passing out when the mid wife informed us that we were having twins!!! mind you the junior reds were pleased with two new members. ;o)
  • Options
    Top stuff eltham... congratulations..

Best feeling in the world when you become a dad... nothing can beat it...
  • Options
    Congrats mate.

My missus is almost 5 months pregnant with our first so looks like the Junior Reds membership will be going up next year.
  • Options
    Great news Eltham, Southend and Shag.

As Carling said being a dad is one of the best things in the world. As Tony Parson said in one of his books becoming a dad myself gave me a different view of my own dad as well.

I may have to go and listen to Forever Young and wipe something out of my eye.
  • Options
    Congrats...hope everything goes well.
  • Options
    Congratulations all you expectant dads.

And if you're looking for baby Addick wear, keep an eye out for the impending CL range. ohhhhhh!
  • Options
    Good on ya mate !
  • Options
    Congratulations to you all.

Fatherhood makes you schizophrenic in that it is both wonderfully fulfilling and incredibly frustrating often within a few hours!

One thing is for sure. Your life changes beyond all recognition once children come along and you have to put someone else rather than yourself first.
  • Options
    I'm a bit superstitious, so I won't congratulate just yet, but will keep my fingers crossed for the three of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congrats! The births of my two girls put the play off final to third in my list of most proudest moments!
  • Options
    Congrats all of you. Mrs BDL gave birth to our second, a little girl, on Tuesday night.

That first cuddle, it's a feeling that you can't describe.
  • Options
    so you are wetting your baby's head on the monopoly board.. lets hope you go straight past jail!

good luck.