Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Gutted for Sainz. Doesn't deserve that as you are entering a new season.
    The "team" game is going to be fun to watch this season at both Ferrari and Mercedes - We saw last season how there were moments between both sets of team mates
    And it will be interesting to see how the two teams treat the departing drivers throughout the season. Ferrari have generally favoured Leclerc anyway, whereas Mercedes have been mainly fair to their drivers. That may change.
  • Options
    edited February 1
    sam3110 said:
    I honestly hope Sainz gets the second seat at Red Bull. Came through them and I think he's a better foil for Verstappen compared to Perez
    Audi seems the ideal location... Given Seidl is there, reunited from their Mclaren days

RB I've read that Jos and Carlos Sainz Snr didnt get on well, when they were paired at Toro Rosso together
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I honestly hope Sainz gets the second seat at Red Bull. Came through them and I think he's a better foil for Verstappen compared to Perez
    Seems a good egg and is a bit underrated, imo. He's not in the very top tier of drivers but he's on the next level down and can push the top guys on his day. I rate him above Riciardo.
  • Options
    Haas have been the first team to reveal their car for 2024... Only time they wont be last I suspect

• Options
    As an aside, does anyone else find it mildly amusing that one of the hottest young English talents in Bearman is signed with Ferrari, and one of the hottest young Italian talents is signed with Mercedes? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    As an aside, does anyone else find it mildly amusing that one of the hottest young English talents in Bearman is signed with Ferrari, and one of the hottest young Italian talents is signed with Mercedes? 
    I might be if we didn't undertand that Ferrari is about the nationality of the team rather than the driver. In England we tend to follow the English drivers but they love any nationality that wins in a Ferrari.
  • Options
    Seems like there is a Investigation going on @ Red Bull, with Horner facing allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

The actual season is going to be boring compared to pre-season at this rate
  • Options
    Seems like there is a Investigation going on @ Red Bull, with Horner facing allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

Shagging Geri on Newey's desk and smudged all the 2025 car designs probably
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Shagging Geri on Newey's desk and smudged all the 2025 car designs probably

We will soon know if the RB engine cover looks like a pair of squashed buttocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unsurprisingly the new Williams is blue
  • Options
    If certain allegations are proven to be true and a certain feisty Spice Girl doesn't take kindly to them then those indiscretions might be very costly ones in any number of ways. 
  • Options
    If certain allegations are proven to be true and a certain feisty Spice Girl doesn't take kindly to them then those indiscretions might be very costly ones in any number of ways. 
    To quote that great film, Grease, “well, well, tell me more, tell me more”
  • Options
    What horrible brand name 'My Protein' is. Sounds like a euphemism for semen.
  • Options
    It could be "something and nothing" but the fact that Red Bull have an independent barrister studying the allegations would suggest that they aren't considered of a "slap on the wrist" proportion if proven correct. Or ones that can easily be signed off with a "pay off" given that it has been leaked to the public.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13064751/christian-horner-red-bull-launch-investigation-after-allegations-of-inappropriate-behaviour-against-team-principal
  • Options
    Wasn't Horner cheating with her, whilst his ex-wife was Pregnant? - He's certainly got History of being a prick in terms of family
  • Options
    Best thing about that Williams remains the Duracell Sponsorship placement...
  • Options
    Wasn't Horner cheating with her, whilst his ex-wife was Pregnant? - He's certainly got History of being a prick in terms of family
    Iirc, he left his wife while she was undergoing treatment for cancer!
  • Options
    It could be "something and nothing" but the fact that Red Bull have an independent barrister studying the allegations would suggest that they aren't considered of a "slap on the wrist" proportion if proven correct. Or ones that can easily be signed off with a "pay off" given that it has been leaked to the public.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13064751/christian-horner-red-bull-launch-investigation-after-allegations-of-inappropriate-behaviour-against-team-principal
    A number of F1 sites/reporters saying that it has been suggested to Horner that he voluntarily resigns.  Obviously don't know what is going on but sounds like it could be serious.
  • Options
    I have spoken to a couple of people close to the sport this afternoon, and everyone reckons he is cooked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Toto to head to Red Bull as the third bombshell news of the season? :D
  • Options
    edited February 5
    All kinds of reports surfacing now, including photos being sent.

Its the kind of sport that has so much going on below the surface...... and when somebody wants a story to go to the press it will snowball very quickly.
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Hope its not too much of a clash with the Merlcedes on TV

Can already be a nuisance at times trying to tell a Merc and Aston Martin apart
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Envision Racing cars in Formula E

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Good to see a new colour on the grid
    looks good
  • Options
    Horner hearing set for Friday. I reckon he's going to be sacked.

Newey to Ferrari on the cards? 
  • Options
    Imagine Newey, Hamilton and Ferrari together, an absolute wet dream
  • Options
    Word in the industry is he is gone, but I have a funny feeling he will cling on.....