Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January sales

If the team is languishing the vultures will be hovering I can see a lot of the current personnel leaving. Roly will be wanting to get some money back in on some of the clubs prized assets.
The replacements will I'm sure be loans and freebies.
Out will be or potential outs.
Cousins
Henderson
Watt
Gudmondsson
Baur
Fox. If reported interest is followed up
Solly.

The future doesn't look bright.

Comments

• Options
    ????
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

????

a dig at your spelling
  • Options
    Dont know about January but we need new players now.
  • Options
    Not thinking about the January Sales right now, just gonna concentrate getting through Black Friday if I'm honest
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

If the team is languishing the vultures will be hovering I can see a lot of the current personnel leaving. Roly will be wanting to get some money back in on some of the clubs prized assets.
    The replacements will I'm sure be loans and freebies.
    Out will be or potential outs.
    Cousins - playing poorly at the moment
    Henderson - terrible injury record
    Watt - unfit
    Gudmondsson - unlikely to move before the Euros
    Baur - too early for him to move
    Fox. If reported interest is followed up - new contract, not playing that well
    Solly. - not playing that well, bad knee anyway

The future doesn't look bright.

I don't see any of the players leaving, we've no stars out of contract at the end of the season and most of the players aren't playing well at the moment
  • Options
    Don't give him any more of your hard earned money. He knows that your loyalty to the club lines his pockets. You are all been taken for mugs by this callous cnut.
  • Options
    Predictive text. My apologies to the spelling police. Bore off.
  • Options
    I can't see a long queue forming to sign our out of form and disenchanted players, BUT, a lot can happen in 2and a half months.
    I am a believer in the notion that a club should never keep a player who's anxious for and trying for a move, and that applies to ANY of our players
    As to who we need ? .. we need a LOT of players with experience of playing in the higher levels of English football or who at least have shown real promise at a lower level. Unearthing a Jamie Vardy or two would be nice. Johnson and Eagles did the biz last year, similar incomers would be VERY welcome.
    However, recent history shows that we're unlikely to pay the long term wages that good, experienced British pros expect. M Duchatelet needs to change his strategy/philosophy a s a p if we're to really strengthen and consolidate. As ever ... we will see. (I am not gonna hold my breath until radical change happens)
  • Options
    I really think Gudmundsson will be off as soon as he can, the man is very well driven (a lot of people who know him say it) and was genuinely joining this club on the promise we would drive towards the Premier League - that is well and truly put to bed now, so I think he'll be off and Roland will accept the money when he see's the offer.

Shame as one of the only genuine quality players for the future we have, keeps working on his game and he'll be alongside Sigurdsson in the Prem week in week out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really think Gudmundsson will be off as soon as he can, the man is very well driven (a lot of people who know him say it) and was genuinely joining this club on the promise we would drive towards the Premier League - that is well and truly put to bed now, so I think he'll be off and Roland will accept the money when he see's the offer.

Shame as one of the only genuine quality players for the future we have, keeps working on his game and he'll be alongside Sigurdsson in the Prem week in week out.

he won't move after the Euros. A much better showcase for him than performing in a struggling Championship team
  • Options
    Please please someone take Fox
  • Options
    Fox had a very poor game on Saturday. Shame as he has potential. Just goes to show you how important a good coach/manager is.
  • Options

he won't move after the Euros. A much better showcase for him than performing in a struggling Championship team
    Personally I think any scout wanting Johann for their team will not let our bad form as a team and Johanns drop in motivation/drive won't affect them wanting him; if he feels he wants to move he will whenever - and I wouldn't disrespect him for doing so as he was promised us to drive forward as a club.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Gudmunsson won't be moving if any one comes in we will tell them the same as we told wolves 12 mill
    I heard is was 20 mill
  • Options
    Katrien is currently on the lookout for some January bargains.image
  • Options
    Fox and Solly, is that a joke? They have been two of our most useless, inconsistent players this season. If anything we're stuck with them.
  • Options

That should have said he won't move until after the Euros :-)
  • Options
    The way I see it is this...

Our new "interim" is going nowhere (until Rolly decides to fire him) so in a vain attempt to try and placate us fans he will probably sign what he considers a "marquee" player in January but one which, will either be a) a English based 30 something whose best years are behind him and is prone to injury or b) a so called big name player who can't even get a game for a mid table Jupiter League club.

Of course any future signing fee will be undisclosed.

Call me cynical but this is how I see things panning out.

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Fox had a very poor game on Saturday. Shame as he has potential. Just goes to show you how important a good coach/manager is.

Fox was hung out to dry by Moussa who barely covered leaving Fox with 2 and sometimes 3 of the opposition players to cope with. He wasn't great but it wasn't all his fault. A decent manager would have noticed and corrected well before their first that came from that side. Hopefully Fraeye is that man.