Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Feel sorry for guy having to work under that prat Roland in reality he never stood a chance
    Again guy did have passion
    Roland lives on a different planet to the rest of us that's for sure
  • Options
    “I can only say that I am looking forward because it can’t get much worse.”

SH after Saturday.

I'm not sure Hendo, I think it can get a lot, lot worse
  • Options
    Some interesting comments about having a small squad and not given the chance, now that players are coming back from injury, to show it.
  • Options
    so Kashi has had an op and Cebellos broke his leg. Luzon makes a lot of valid points there, especially about the Academy boys, and his sacking was very harsh indeed.
  • Options
    It's hard to feel sorry for the bloke when he knew exactly what he was walking into. He didn't do a particularly bad job when he had the players fit, but anyone could see that a squad that thin was never going to make it through the season. Maybe he could have stood up for himself more, maybe we did, who knows, but I think I would have more respect for him if he'd jacked it in himself due to unreasonable expectations with insufficient resources.
  • Options
    "I don't remember all of the names"
  • Options
    Wasn't he hanging around in the background with the Notwork doing some consulting and toadying up to RD - before being asked to step in as the outgoing manager was clearing his desk.....
  • Options
    "It can't get much worse"

Oh those famous last words...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Wasn't he hanging around in the background with the Notwork doing some consulting and toadying up to RD - before being asked to step in as the outgoing manager was clearing his desk.....

Charlton who?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
    On one level it was an impossible job on the squad set up. You have to have some sympathy for that. I have no harsh feelings against the bloke. The last comments are good.

On another level, he worked for Duchatelet at Liege and saw his best players sold and replaced with inferior ones. He was then fired when it didn't work out. He knew what he was dealing with Charlton and what may happen after taking over from Peeters, fired in similar circumstances.

The same will go with Fraeye who appears a limited head coach taking up a job that he is very likely to fail at, given the same strategy by Duchatelet. There is an additional hurdle with a lack of required experience. Nothing personal against the person, and will likely feel the same way, when the whole thing fails again for the same reason.

Definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.