Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Robson

I always hoped that Mark Robson would come back to the Valley in a managerial role. I'd heard that he was a good coach and one to watch out for in the future. (this was many years ago).
He was released from Villa yesterday. Just saying.....

Comments

• Options
    It's no coincidence he has left Villa as it was Sherwood who took him there. There's no chance of him being appointed unless it was with a set up involving Brits IMO, and not Fraeye.
  • Options
    Not Belgian, not in the network, no previous links to Duchaelet. We did all this last time ahead of Luzon's appointment - lots of people suggesting proper managers as contenders for our job - Tim Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Jewell, etc, etc.

Not gonna happen in a million years.
  • Options
    Personally rather have someone on the way up instead of someone on way down - Justin Edinburgh from Gillingham tbh.
  • Options

Personally rather have someone on the way up instead of someone on way down - Justin Edinburgh from Gillingham tbh.

that comment makes no sense. Robson's still young for a coach, quite highly thought of (coached England U17's a couple of years ago). Just because it didn't work out for him at Villa, harsh to say he's on the way down. By that logic, you're writing off managers like Moyes and Rodgers.
  • Options
    Some people are better coaches than managers. I think Robson might be one of these people. His only real chance was as Barnet manager and I don't think he won a game with them until they brought in Edgar Davids, then he got the push.
  • Options
    Last Charlton player to score the winner at Old Trafford, quite possibly EVER!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Knew it was Mark someone. Funnily enough on a official coach back from OT many years ago I was the only one who knew the answer to that question. You get over fifty and things start to fade. As I wrote the OP I thought I better just check this first before making such a bold statement but didn't!
  • Options

that comment makes no sense. Robson's still young for a coach, quite highly thought of (coached England U17's a couple of years ago). Just because it didn't work out for him at Villa, harsh to say he's on the way down. By that logic, you're writing off managers like Moyes and Rodgers.
    Was really responding to MrLargo's request for Hoddle/Jewell etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wasn't requesting/suggesting that Hoddle/Jewell etc would be any good, or a better or worse option than Justin Edinburgh. The point I was trying to make is that it's completely pointless to suggest anyone with managerial pedigree in this country as a contender for our job, because all we're going to get is yet another network numpty.
  • Options
    Why are you tormenting your self. We've got another Belgium be happy, Roland knows what he's doing KM has told us that already. Our problem is that we are intellectually challenged are unable to follow the workings of the great man.

Either that or it's all a load of B.......ks and they are just winging it.
  • Options

apologies. Certainly agree re Jewell, would take Pearson or Lambert though
  • Options

apologies. Certainly agree re Jewell, would take Pearson or Lambert though
    Actually, i'd have Pearson !
  • Options
    But as ML says, all we're gonna get is someone from the Network .
  • Options

But as ML says, all we're gonna get is someone from the Network .

We've got Fraeye, if we get a step up from that between now and the end of the season I'll be gobsmacked.
  • Options

Thought his collaboration with Bruno Mars was one of the highlights of the year.

My first proper LOL of the day !
  • Options
    Robson was at the Valley yesterday. Came out main entrance during the protest.