Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"bollox we are Charlton" is it finished ?

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Many Many moons ago in the dark days before Sellout Park we/my lot used to have a saying --"Bollox we are Charlton"---ok it was alittle bit football hoolie but mainly in response to being asked by Northern Monkeys if we was Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs etc when they herd us talking or to Londoners who thought we were Millwall when we said we was from South London---it was always "Bollox we are Charlton" ! a mate even had it tattooed.
At the time there usually a certain respect that we were sticking with it and there was a "cult" like status.Sure there would be times were you might have got the piss take.

Today my feeling is if you was asked who you were and said "Bollox we are Charlton" there wouldnt be "respect", there wouldnt be piss taking there would be a confused look.
We are so far off everyone's radar that we dont even register. Our clubs identity is like a candle never really burned bright but is now slowly slowly burning out.

I still have the "heroes" calendar were the last picture is of us the fans clearing the pitch after getting The Valley back,where ever i am for work it gets put up.

Can we beat a multi millionaire who lives in another country and clearly dosnt give a monkeys fart about our history or heritage? can we beat a man who has total blind faith in his "experiment". It cant be about "business" so it has to be ego.
We beat arrogance once, the arrogance of Greenwich Council. This however is different. There were certain paths and procedures we could use in the fight with Greenwich there isnt with Roland. You cant beat an experiment only wait till the outcome.
"Bollox we are Charlton?" its part of who iam but i dont feel like saying that at the moment----thats hellish sad.

Comments

• Options
    That's pretty much exactly where I am at the moment GH
  • Options
    It isn't finished - we will rise again free of this sprout eater. 110 years and counting.
  • Options

That's pretty much exactly where I am at the moment GH

Me too.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, where exactly did he have "bollox" tattooed?
  • Options
    Nah, it's not finished - we just really need to show that attitude is alive and ready to fight now more than we have for a long time.

Don't give up.
  • Options
    I have noticed something that tells me we'll be okay - not only is the forum really busy, but have you ever seen so many people agreeing with each other before? The 'Like' count must be through the roof over the last few days.

If we get organised then we will be proud supporters again. You have to earn "bollox we are Charlton!" - That's the whole point.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Nah, it's not finished - we just really need to show that attitude is alive and ready to fight now more than we have for a long time.

Don't give up.

This.

We have arguably the most creative and effective group of fans in the country. Our history demonstrates just how creative and effective we can be, when united. If the senior guys at the club continue to choose to disregard our history as irrelevant it will be their folly.

Despite the emotion of the moment, however, an ill-thought through reaction won't help us. We need a little time to group together and agree the focuses for objective and action - and who knows, the club may even come to their senses in the meantime.

Keep the faith, any football club is alive because of its supporters not its owners, players or coaches. And we are remarkable supporters.
  • Options
    Roy,we have faced worse before but hopefully Laurel and Hardy will find someone to buy the club who actually understands what running a football club means..
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I have noticed something that tells me we'll be okay - not only is the forum really busy, but have you ever seen so many people agreeing with each other before? The 'Like' count must be through the roof over the last few days.

If we get organised then we will be proud supporters again. You have to earn "bollox we are Charlton!" - That's the whole point.

*Flag... ;-)