Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's going to be up for it against Boro?

There is - naturally - a lot of negativity about the place at the moment. It's completely understandable. But, at some point, the vitriol, spite, anger, angst and resentment will dissipate and the focus will return to where it should be: on the pitch. A tough - but winnable - game faces us this weekend. It will be the hardest game that some players have faced this season. But, equally, there will be some fired-up, determined individuals who are going to let off steam, big time. There will be some pent up passion that will have to be released at some point. And where - and when - better than at Boro on Saturday.

But the question is, who will be up for it; and who will let the gloom, doom and pessimism drown them?

Describe who you think will be up for it against Boro.

For me there are four certainties...

Charlton's captain, who will, at 33, almost certainly be aiming to impress a new gaffer for the last time in his career... Johnnie Jackson will be up for it.
The Danish giant, who showed a lot of the passion the team needs the last time he played - even after the final whistle... Simon Makienok will be up for it.
The record signing, full international, former Premiership star - and former Boro player - taking his first steps in first team coaching... Jason Euell will be up for it.
And an old man, who holds this great football club dearly in his heart, whose patience has run a bit thin, who is fed up with all the change, who wants some stability back and would dearly love the new manager to start with a win... I will be up for it.

Anyone else..?

Comments

• Options
    I'm well up for it, but nobody has got a spare train ticket.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

There is - naturally - a lot of negativity about the place at the moment. It's completely understandable. But, at some point, the vitriol, spite, anger, angst and resentment will dissipate and the focus will return to where it should be: on the pitch. A tough - but winnable - game faces us this weekend. It will be the hardest game that some players have faced this season. But, equally, there will be some fired-up, determined individuals who are going to let off steam, big time. There will be some pent up passion that will have to be released at some point. And where - and when - better than at Boro on Saturday.

But the question is, who will be up for it; and who will let the gloom, doom and pessimism drown them?

Describe who you think will be up for it against Boro.

For me there are four certainties...

Charlton's captain, who will, at 33, almost certainly be aiming to impress a new gaffer for the last time in his career... Johnnie Jackson will be up for it.
    The Danish giant, who showed a lot of the passion the team needs the last time he played - even after the final whistle... Simon Makienok will be up for it.
    The record signing, full international, former Premiership star - and former Boro player - taking his first steps in first team coaching... Jason Euell will be up for it.
    And an old man, who holds this great football club dearly in his heart, whose patience has run a bit thin, who is fed up with all the change, who wants some stability back and would dearly love the new manager to start with a win... I will be up for it.

Anyone else..?

So you're going then ?
  • Options
    'but winnable'?

madness.
  • Options
    I'd hope they'd all be up for it seeing as they are paid thousands every week!
  • Options
    the only chance we have of winning is if the starting XI all get injured tonight, the rest of their squad goes down with a virus and Porky starts flying.
  • Options

Middlesbrough

Proper belly laughed at!

Have a good game @Chizz

• Options
    Weegie said she had never looked forward to a game more than this. Expecting the sun to rise over the Riverside ushering in a new charlton dawn.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm making the long trip north on Friday

Going to see Lincoln v Bromley while visiting relatives in Notts.

But I'll still be hoping against hope that we win at Boro.

XI v XI and with Jacko at the helm we can do it.
  • Options
    The Fanackapans are up for it.

And we live in hope that our lads are too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are you going Chizz ?
  • Options
  • Options
    I'll be there. Long trek.....but went to see us v Sunderland in 2005 v Hartlepool in 2009. Also v Middlesbrough in 2006 which turned out to be Reed's last match. Not a good comparison. If we concede less than 6 I'll be happy given the circumstances and the strength Middlesbrough have.
  • Options

Are you going Chizz ?

No, I'm not going.

I'm going to be following, hoping Charlton win. I'll be scouring the press and other media for snippets of news beforehand. I am going to wish for a win and tell myself that a point will be good. I'll be following, avidly in the day. I'll have the mood swings typical of a distant supporter. I'll be inconsolable if we lose; resigned if we draw; and elated if we win.

I won't be there, but I WILL be up for it.

You?
  • Options
    Owing to a holiday and various family and other commitments, I've managed to miss the last four games (not that I have missed too much, save for the late comeback against Fulham). I did not, therefore, have to witness the last couple of capitulations, including the abominable performance against Preston.

I am, however, back in the saddle on Saturday and, on one view, perhaps the trip to Boro could be seen as some kind of penance or self-mortification for my lack of suffering this month. As ever, though, we travel in hope - Diarra will be back, the players who have been injured will have had a further week's recovery time and maybe, just maybe, Boro will have an off day (highly unlikely but possible, regardless of their elimination of Man Utd tonight). We'll be watching the game with a mate who is an exiled home supporter in their 'Legends Lounge', so if all else fails, we can take solace in a few extra glasses of beer or wine; it's an 'all you can eat and drink' arrangement so, come what may, we'll have a bit of fun.
  • Options
    Wonder what the away attendance will be. Under 30 perhaps
  • Options
    Hope the lads give a good performance for the brave fans who do make the very long journey. Will have everything crossed.
  • Options
    250 absolute tops
  • Options
    I've already been up north for a day. Absolutely buzzing for it.
  • Options
    can't make the 'Boro after all ((:<) .. will have to wait until MK Dons to see the 'new improved' Addicks ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there, complete with black and white scarf.
  • Options

in 'Boro ? .. wear a hard hat .. you'll be mistaken for a Newcastle fan
  • Options

Actually on seconds though
  • Options
    Pay on the day, cash only, no increase in price
  • Options

250 absolute tops

Sold 167 so far, would be 168 if somebody sold me a spare train ticket.
  • Options

in 'Boro ? .. wear a hard hat .. you'll be mistaken for a Newcastle fan
    haha - good point! It'll be under the parka until I'm in the ground!