Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell Joins First Team Coaching Staff

2»

Comments

• Options
    I want to be excited for him. A big part of me unfortunately feels it will just end up being his last ever role with the club.
  • Options
    GREAT NEWS........also love Jason Euell (in a man way you understand! :wink: ) was a top player for us and knows what the club means to us fans. Hopefully will also bring a few new fresh ideas to the team as well.
    One thing that is baffling me is that the club are continuing to look for a manager? what happens to our man if he does ok? sack him? move him to the 21s?.....surely he wouldn't leave his old post (as poor as it was) just to be our "interim" manager?
    Oh well I suppose it will all unfold sometime soon!!!???

COYR................
  • Options

GREAT NEWS........also love Jason Euell (in a man way you understand! :wink: ) was a top player for us and knows what the club means to us fans. Hopefully will also bring a few new fresh ideas to the team as well.
    One thing that is baffling me is that the club are continuing to look for a manager? what happens to our man if he does ok? sack him? move him to the 21s?.....surely he wouldn't leave his old post (as poor as it was) just to be our "interim" manager?
    Oh well I suppose it will all unfold sometime soon!!!???

COYR................

It was a part time team wasn't it ? Assumedly a part time job.
  • Options
    Yeah I suppose so PL54. The man must have be knowledgeable if he has his A Licence, that takes some doing. The whole thing is a bit strange, you would have thought he would have been working at a higher level with his qualifications. Still, we all have to start at the bottom eh?
  • Options
    Poor bloke, it's a poisoned chalice, he'll be sacked along with the next managerial change.
  • Options
    Sorry but painting over the cracks is not going to help anyone,least of all Jason Euell .
  • Options
    Is it only me that thinks that was a good first interview for Fraeye and that he seems to be in the know more than we think
  • Options
    Great for Jase. Looking for an upgrade in our close control on Saturday. Legend
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Is it only me that thinks that was a good first interview for Fraeye and that he seems to be in the know more than we think

He obviously knows what to say at least. I wouldn't read too much into it though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's funny how easy it is to butter you all up; RD and his men know exactly what they're doing with this appointment. You can't boo a man like JE.
  • Options
    Pleased for Jason but cant help feel this has been done to try and please the fans, they think if a Charlton guy is in the dugout we will not vent our anger at them.

I may be being cynical but this is what the regime have turned me into.
  • Options
    Can't believe so many are falling for this. It's a sop to keep us all on board. RD could see the vitriolic reception that Luzon got. Jason will dampen that down this time (yeah right). Hope BDL gets the tone right when he introduces the new "team" i.e. upbeat for Jase and distinctly deadpan for Carol
  • Options

Can't believe so many are falling for this. It's a sop to keep us all on board. RD could see the vitriolic reception that Luzon got. Jason will dampen that down this time (yeah right). Hope BDL gets the tone right when he introduces the new "team" i.e. upbeat for Jase and distinctly deadpan for Carol

I'm confused, surely we want a director who makes decisions that please the supporters as well as having a beneficial effect on the team and how they play. Jason Euell involved in the first team, for me ticks both of them boxes.
  • Options
    I really hope that Jason doesn't have to burn his boats by stepping up and find himself cast aside once this part of the experiment goes tit up. I would hope that when this happens because it will. He will be able to go back to the Under 21's if he wants.

I think many of us are approaching "the line" and if he is shafted because of the cluster fuck that we are then that might push me over my personal line.
  • Options
    Love Euell, but given he's now been promoted to an 'interim' position why couldn't he have just been 'interim' head coach?

Pleased for Jason but I'm feeling a bit wary and skeptical about this all. Our owner and CEO are slimy and deceitful and so good luck Jase but be careful
  • Options
    Can imagine him bringing a feel good factor, we looked like a team today first time in yonks
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more I want Jason Euell as manager with a bit of experience alongside him (Peacock short-term?) with Jacko stepping up as player/coach and Fraeye nowhere near my club. Oh, and Katrien and Roland out too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I think Euell as manager, JJ as coach along with Peacock's guiding hand would be a terrific way to go at this moment. It would be a cheap way to get the fans back on track too, although without building the squad (and learning that lesson) it would go t*ts up quite quickly. With the right accompanying backing, it would be the right sort of punt.
  • Options
    Would it hurt to have both Fraeye and Euell in charge?
  • Options
    As much as I like Jason. If he is appointed as our next manager then I will know for certain 100% that RD has no real ambition for the club. It would be an appeasement appointment with no thought other than to go cheap and go with someone the fans won't slag too quickly.

The next big move by Duchatelet will define his tenure. We need an experienced man at the helm.
  • Options

I think some people are getting a little over excited if I'm honest. Jason might well be a very good coach. I hope he has a very good future, hopefully with us but to suggest he's the material of our next manager is quite ludicrous at this point. We need an experienced British coach who can turn around our season. No problem with Jase being right up the front in the coaching team though.

Yep agreed. Kind of like Giggs at United under Van Gal, bring in an experienced guy to take the reigns for a couple of years with a view to transitioning to Euell in a thought out manner.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think some people are getting a little over excited if I'm honest. Jason might well be a very good coach. I hope he has a very good future, hopefully with us but to suggest he's the material of our next manager is quite ludicrous at this point. We need an experienced British coach who can turn around our season. No problem with Jase being right up the front in the coaching team though.

Yep agreed. Kind of like Giggs at United under Van Gal, bring in an experienced guy to take the reigns for a couple of years with a view to transitioning to Euell in a thought out manner.
    Different conversation I know but I doubt Giggs will ever manage United.

• Options

se9addick said:

Oh really ? I thought that was always the plan ! Ok, different example, Ally McCoist under Walter Smith at Rangers (except Euell turns out not to be a terrible manager).
  • Options

Would it hurt to have both Fraeye and Euell in charge?

They made a good team yesterday. Think its the best we will get this season.

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Oh really ? I thought that was always the plan ! Ok, different example, Ally McCoist under Walter Smith at Rangers (except Euell turns out not to be a terrible manager).
    Don't think Giggs will ever get the United gig (sorry) purely because a club that size can't gamble. They made the mistake once with Moyes who was experienced and a popular choice but couldn't do it. They then went for one of the biggest names in football with Van Gaal. A few seasons being groomed and even knowing the club as Giggs does is no preparation for taking the reigns at one of the biggest clubs in the world.