Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

People that have used research agencies to publish reports (corporate ones)

Hi all, has anyone used agencies like yougov say to carry out a research report for their company. Do you know of any associated costs? I know it will depend on the depth of the report and what is involved, but I'm trying to benchmark and get a cost for something we might be offering at our place

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    The short answer is no, I haven't used such firms. But I know of two (if you're looking for a financial research business).
    The first is Hardman & Co hardmanandco.com/ whose research I look at from time to time.
    The other is Edison edisoninvestmentresearch.com/ who appear to do a range of analytical work. I can't say anything about its quality, I just know their editor on a personal basis.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Ha! Coincidently, I've just had an email from Hardman.
    This is the text, if it's of any relevance. I have highlighted the bit that might be of interest.

Dear Cafcfan,

Welcome to the first of our new regular Hardman & Co Newsletters.

Since acquiring the firm three years ago we have made significant progress in expanding our research capabilities, as well as adding a wider range of services, particularly in the investor access space. There is a lot of change happening in our marketplace and so I firmly believe that now is the right time to begin communicating on a more regular basis with our key contacts.

In each newsletter we will highlight key topics, and of course invite you to attend our events. We have two quite different forthcoming forums scheduled over the next few weeks. Our 'Secrets of Successful Investing: through the eyes of 4 smart entrepreneurs' is on Thursday 19th November. This will be a great opportunity to meet entrepreneurs like David Page (former Chief Executive of Pizza Express, founder of the Clapham House Group and Chairman of Fulham Shore) and Howard Hodgson (fifth generation funeral director who grew Dignity plc). We would be delighted to see you there, see below for more details.

So what’s new?

I am delighted that we now have an established investor engagement programme and an active calendar of invitation-only forums and regional roadshows which complement our analytical work. Whilst producing high quality listed company research remains at the heart of our business, we are also about to embark on selective coverage of private companies, EIS managers and other market participants. This is an important milestone for us and we are increasingly taking on a number of bespoke research assignments.

We also think it is important to address key issues of the day. The investment world is changing rapidly, due in no small part to increasingly onerous regulation. Hopefully you will find our Hardman Insights series stimulating. This month Keith Hiscock takes a look at the new ONS data and draws some interesting observations on the importance of the retail investor and the changing pattern share ownership of UK companies. Click on the link to read in full 'Why AIM company management ignore retail investors at their peril'.

As always we would welcome your feedback and I look forward to catching-up with you personally at one of our regular events.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The short answer is no, I haven't used such firms. But I know of two (if you're looking for a financial research business).
    The first is Hardman & Co hardmanandco.com/ whose research I look at from time to time.
    The other is Edison edisoninvestmentresearch.com/ who appear to do a range of analytical work. I can't say anything about its quality, I just know their editor on a personal basis.

thanks @cafcfan