Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good old Danny Murphy!

Comments

• Options
    I don't have sympathy either. The old adage - if something seems too good to be true it usually is. I'm sure they saw easy pickings and are now paying for it. Their choice so you live and die by the sword and get over it.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I don't have sympathy either. The old adage - if something seems too good to be true it usually is. I'm sure they saw easy pickings and are now paying for it. Their choice so you live and die by the sword and get over it.

Yes but like I said higher up the thread these boys lives were too good to be true. They have loads of money and all the trappings that come with it; they are heroes and have fans and 'hangers on' treat them like Kings; they have women throw themselves at them; they work a couple of hours a day; and they are in peak physical fitness.

The whole world seems to be available to them.

At what point does anyone with a life like that question if something seems a little too good to be true?
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited November 2015
    It depends if the money they've lost is a drop in the bucket to them or not. If it is then fair comment but if it's not then maybe they should have questioned whether it was too good to be true. Everyone has their financial threshold and if they really have lost 100m then maybe their threshold is reached. There's always somebody out there to take you for a mug if you're willing/foolish enough to let them.
  • Options
    If I had 20 million in the bank I reckon I'd be satisfied with that.
  • Options
    Rob said:

It depends if the money they've lost is a drop in the bucket to them or not. If it is then fair comment but if it's not then maybe they should have questioned whether it was too good to be true. Everyone has their financial threshold and if they really have lost 100m then maybe their threshold is reached. There's always somebody out there to take you for a mug if you're willing/foolish enough to let them.

Rob, I don't disagree with you about the realities of their loss but as they can't have known what their losses were going to be, and in fact probably assumed they wouldn't lose any of it, it is unrealistic to expect them to realise that it seemed too good to be true.

As I said they lived the lives that almost everyone on the planet wants. Virtually everything that can go well for them has done, in some cases absolutely everything has. They would just not be mentally conditioned to ever believe that anything could go wrong because nothing ever does!

I know people from privileged backgrounds and they, honestly, believe that nothing is too good to be true - and they is often proved to be the case.

If you have someone paying you millions of pounds a year to play football nothing else could be more 'too good to be true'.
  • Options
    He's on talksport this morning. Was saying how if someone took a picture of him pissed on their phone he used to get his mates to take the phone off them and smash it up . What an utter cretin he is.
  • Options
    Hmm, sounds like conspiracy to commit a crime, wonder what the police think of that
  • Options
    That's why Danny got a proper smack in the head one night as did his fat mate and bully boy scouse prick skin head
  • Options
    Such a class act!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

He's on talksport this morning. Was saying how if someone took a picture of him pissed on their phone he used to get his mates to take the phone off them and smash it up . What an utter cretin he is.

I'm with him on this one. Why shouldn't famous people be able to get pissed without worrying about pictures of them appearing somewhere because everyone has a camera with them theses days?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely if it would cause them problems if it was leaked then they shouldn't be doing it in the first place?
  • Options

Surely if it would cause them problems if it was leaked then they shouldn't be doing it in the first place?

Everyone is entitled to a private life surely?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Of course.

But if it's frowned upon for them to be out and about due to circumstances then they shouldn't be doing that. I'm thinking Jack Grealish...
  • Options
    Oh actually, I see how I'm missing the point you're making.

Not that it would be frowned upon but just that they don't want it in the public eye due to privacy.

I get that, but that's one of the sacrifices of being in a position to be earning the money they do I would say.

Certainly not an excuse to smash up phones! :-)
  • Options
    Never too sure with these 'celebs', one minute they want privacy, next minute they want publicity, suppose it depends on whether they have a film/book/tv show to promote.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Here's a little tip to any celeb wanting to have a private life, do it in private. If you're out in public, it's a public life like it or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    And make sure your mates Check whose phone you feel like trying to take are not with more boys than you are and who think you are a money grabbing cnut
  • Options
    While doing Euros punditry has just revealed that he had an opportunity to go to Lyon when Gerard houlier arrived there in 2005

Given that his two seasons with us were 2004-6, it was when he was with us

Said he regretted not going. Wanted to, but for contractual reasons couldn't.
  • Options

While doing Euros punditry has just revealed that he had an opportunity to go to Lyon when Gerard houlier arrived there in 2005

Given that his two seasons with us were 2004-6, it was when he was with us

Said he regretted not going. Wanted to, but for contractual reasons couldn't.

Yeah I caught that comment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's still a mook!
  • Options
    Thanks Danny.

Fuck off
  • Options
    I actually like him as a pundit.
  • Options

Was a washed-up nobody in the Norwich reserves before Curbs put him on the map.
    Nowadays, he is a washed-up nobody.

Errrrr ........ You might want to edit that mate.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Was a washed-up nobody in the Norwich reserves before Curbs put him on the map.
    Nowadays, he is a washed-up nobody.

I think you have the wrong player, he never played for Norwich. Curbs paid £2.5m to Liverpool for his services
  • Options
    If you are thinking of Danny Mills, I do not believe he can be described as a washed-up nobody

Mills is a patron of Shine (formerly the Association for Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus), and has raised money for the charity since the death of his son Archie from the condition in 2002. He has also appeared on BBC Five Live's Fighting Talk. Mills now acts as a regular pundit and commentator (often alongside Alan Green) for BBC Radio Five Live's coverage of the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Champions League and England national football team matches.

In 2010 he competed in the Brighton Marathon in a wheelchair to raise money for Shine and the National Association of Disabled Supporters, completing the race in two hours, 43 minutes.

Danny was a runner up, along with Michael Underwood, on the 2012 series of Celebrity MasterChef. He was beaten by Emma Kennedy in a closely contested final.

In the summer of 2013, Mills along with Leeds United goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown rowed the English Channel in a rowing boat for charity, to raise awareness of Melanoma skin cancer, in memory of former Leeds United fitness coach Bruce Craven, who died of the disease aged 32.
  • Options
    I don't like the way he left us but as a pundit he's not too bad at all. As for the Danny Mills who a previous poster confused him with - He's bloody awful.
  • Options
    Aren't all these stories about Murphy just rumours? Of course they suit our need to slag him off for leaving but seems like he and Curbs had a falling out and he moved on. Wasn't the first player Curbs fell out with. I thought he always put a shift in and was a quality player for us. Like him as a pundit too.