Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Good Guys

Saw an episode of this last night. Haven't seen it for years and forgot how bloody good it was. Why they had to ruin latter series with ridiculous canned laughter is beyond me.
I wonder if Gervais and Merchant would admit to how much they nicked from this series?

Comments

• Options
    The episode 'Jubilee', where the Queen turns up for a visit is classic.

Also where they do a survivor one on the desert island is v v funny.

'Bones' having a penis enlargement too....

Oh, they are all very very funny.
  • Options
    excellent programme.....alot of them were in the film Love Honour and Obey as well
  • Options
    The one with Sean Pertwee in was the best.

When I give the signal release all your negative energy!!

Top notch
  • Options
    one of the best comedies on TV in recent years

saw Hot Fuzz last night - enjoyable but not as good as Shaun of the Dead & certainly not as good as Spaced!
  • Options
    Really Oakster? then i wont bother watching. I watched Shaun of the dead recently and didnt really think it that funny.

Has anyone been to see This is England yet? the film set in the 80s about skins?
  • Options
    I got a good DVD of it Curb_it, I'll bring it to the Reading game if you want to have a watch?

It's good but not as good as all the critics have been saying
  • Options
    Reading game? :-)
    Thanks, thats kind but i wont borrow cos im really crap at getting things back to people. we going to try and go and see at the weekend but interesting you say that as the critics are really raving about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It

Has anyone been to see This is England yet? the film set in the 80s about skins?

No but I definitely want to see this , meant to be good
  • Options
    You can have it, I ony watch films once then they get used as coasters otherwise if I don't pass them around!!

They recreated 80's atmosphere very well
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

They recreated 80's atmosphere very well

Apparently I do that when I dress up to go out my friends tell me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    okay thanks very much. will make sure it gets passed around too. will buy you a beer on monday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It

Has anyone been to see This is England yet? the film set in the 80s about skins?[/cite]
    [cite]

No but I definitely want to see this , meant to be good[/cite]

if you dont get to see it ill post it on to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Nice one cheers B
  • Options
    got this is england at home on dvd, but hope to go to the cinema to watch it rather than at home. its out but not out in greenwich yet for some reason.

a friend of mine went to see it, and said it was a bit too violent for her. but she loves soppy films, so probably best not based on her opinion.
  • Options
    Its on at the greenwich picturehouse Sooze
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    only from this friday tho isn't it? ie. today

dunno why the week delay. the film was out last week. closest place was west india quay.
  • Options
    Yeah think so , good cinema though cos you can take your beer in
  • Options
    and roll your seat so you're nearly vertical!!!
  • Options
    Did you get the DVD B ?
  • Options
    went to see it last night.

great film. felt quite moved at the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No not yet.
    He said the reading game... ?
  • Options
    That was last month were nt it ??

I'm confused
  • Options
    we've got a copy, got someone who wants to see it, (might take it liverpool if i remember and see said person) but as you're on les's side for the football, he may lend it to ya on the 22nd if b doesn't get her copy :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]we've got a copy, got someone who wants to see it, (might take it liverpool if i remember and see said person) but as you're on les's side for the football, he may lend it to ya on the 22nd if b doesn't get her copy :-)

Oh nice one thanks Sooze , you realise who your TRUE mates are at times like this
  • Options
    just to warn you, mate, it was bought off a scouse chinaman in a moody boozer by goodison, i can't make any gurantees of quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]just to warn you, mate, it was bought off a scouse chinaman in a moody boozer by goodison, i can't make any gurantees of quality.

Sounds perfect mate , I was gonna swap it for the one Curb it gives me
  • Options
    good work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]No not yet.
    He said the reading game... ?

Ive got your DVD. ner ner...

He missed you and left it in my motor after the game on sunday. Shall i bring it to liverpool?
  • Options
    No i am a fickle fan and wont be going.

perhaps leave it till charity do then?
  • Options
    ok no worries. That gives me enough time to watch it and tell you what happens at the end ;-)