Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

when was the last time the last home match was a night game ?

i can only think of the ipswich play-off and none since (and before that the preston promotion and bristol city stave off relegation matches talked about on here last week)...any others ?

Comments

• Options
    If they're anything to go by, it might be lucky then!
  • Options
    Tranmere at Upton Park when they beat us before the last game at Bristol Rovers.
  • Options
    Defore the Tranmere game Southend mentions there was Wimbledon in the mid 80's - at Selhurst PArk - the year we both went up, and Derby a couple of years later - won 3-0 (I think!)
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Tranmere at Upton Park when they beat us before the last game at Bristol Rovers.[/quote]

a match at upton park hardly counts as a home game in decimal money...

ditto matches at sellout...
  • Options
    I would probably say that the home game against Blackburn at the back end of last season was as good as a night game. Okay it wouldn't count as a proper night game given the match in question kicked off at 17.15 and ended in daylight. But the first coach back to Sheffield I could book for the game was the 23.30 departure from Victoria - the one I normally book for proper night games. But probably a few more will agree that 17.15 is a piss-poor time to start a football match.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    wrong end of stick