Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Too early to write him off. Sign him up.
  • Options
    so he didn't go and watch Pigott or Lennon?

sack him!
  • Options

Give him another two years on his Contract... Means we dont lose him for nothing and shows he's on a last chance, he's only 21 and still feel as though this could be a Scott Parker / Norwich type loan

Plus we saw what he could do under Fraeye a few years ago... Having him (Even as back up to the position that Gudmundsson or Reza played on Saturday could make him lethal)

I havnt written off Harriot either but not sure I ever see him being lethal.

• Options

Give him another two years on his Contract... Means we dont lose him for nothing and shows he's on a last chance, he's only 21 and still feel as though this could be a Scott Parker / Norwich type loan

Plus we saw what he could do under Fraeye a few years ago... Having him (Even as back up to the position that Gudmundsson or Reza played on Saturday could make him lethal)

Five goals in two matches at the end of the season was what I was referring to in that instance
  • Options
    I just hope KF sticks to scouting and not management.
  • Options
    I imagine Fraeye being puzzled why he was sent out on loan with no recall option in the first place. The 2 players who seemed to benefit most from the Riga/Fraeye period were Harriott and Sordell.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If it is true, well it is true what am I saying, then it is undoubtedly a good thing that Karel will do some research in person rather than going by scouting reports and statistics alone.
    I don't know if a lot will come from this particular trip, but I think Karel should do a lot of this stuff, and get up to speed at speed.

Exactly This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    didn't Colchester play him as a full back last week???
  • Options

I imagine Fraeye being puzzled why he was sent out on loan with no recall option in the first place. The 2 players who seemed to benefit most from the Riga/Fraeye period were Harriott and Sordell.

Maybe he was there to scout Sordell...
  • Options
    I really want Callum to come back and be a success, but I can't shake the feeling that he would probably come back and have a couple of incredible games and then as soon as he has a stinker he will struggle to recover again.

Possibly the most extreme personification of a 'confidence player' we've had at Charlton in recent years
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    colin1961 said:

At least KF seems to be working on the squad and what he wants

A football manager working on the squad and what he wants....whatever next. If he keeps this up he will soon be head hunted and managing a team in Hungary.
  • Options
    Been told to " work with what you got" so he should look at the lads out on loan.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I really want Callum to come back and be a success, but I can't shake the feeling that he would probably come back and have a couple of incredible games and then as soon as he has a stinker he will struggle to recover again.

Possibly the most extreme personification of a 'confidence player' we've had at Charlton in recent years

Doesn't help when the crowd get on his back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Back up for Gudmundsson thats good he will be sold in january 2016,ie replacement for Gudmundsson.
  • Options
    Why did we allow Callum to become cup-tied?
  • Options

Five goals in two matches at the end of the season was what I was referring to in that instance
    And a good performance in the vital away 3-2 win at Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    I'm guessing our Belgians realise having the 3rd smallest budget in the division has an influence on our position as 3rd worst performers. I expect funds have been increased (Vas Te) and getting extra cover from within our contracted players is cheaper than splashing cash in January. Doubt Lennon will go on loan again. Again I ask the question, where is Tuc? Available in January but possibly fatter than Vetokele.
  • Options
    Was a big part of the Riga/Fraye lineup that got us out the brown stuff.

Not sure lightening strikes twice though Carol.
  • Options

I'm guessing our Belgians realise having the 3rd smallest budget in the division has an influence on our position as 3rd worst performers. I expect funds have been increased (Vas Te) and getting extra cover from within our contracted players is cheaper than splashing cash in January. Doubt Lennon will go on loan again. Again I ask the question, where is Tuc? Available in January but possibly fatter than Vetokele.

We'll have far too many strikers if Tucudean comes back, as Igor should be back around that time.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Agreed, saw him up front with Igor a couple times last year (Ipswich and Millwall), which was admittedly a terrible idea. But his touch and passing are often poor, and he has a bad habit of squandering chances.

He is our Shaun Wright-Phillips.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

Agreed, saw him up front with Igor a couple times last year (Ipswich and Millwall), which was admittedly a terrible idea. But his touch and passing are often poor, and he has a bad habit of squandering chances.

He is our Shaun Wright-Phillips.

He's missed some chances but his goal-scoring record is ok for a winger. Bit like Scott Wagstaff in that respect.