Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

supermarket.

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Boring question alert - Where do people buy their turkey's from?

My sister wants us to buy an Appledore turkey which will work out at 116 from where I would get it.

I normally just get a M&S one.

I want opinions on: Tesco's finest turkey.

Has anyone use Pickette's on Pickford lane for their turkey? He said they use Partridge Farm.

I know Dennis the Butcher will be in the region above as will the Blackheath Standard.

Any local opinions much appreciated along with the Tesco's finest too.

My mate is getting hers from Aldi for 12 quid I think.
  • Options
    How big is this turkey ?
    £116 quid .............
  • Options
    8kg.

• Options
    We get a bufferfly ( crown without the bone ) from Makro.
  • Options
    WTF is this thread?!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

8kg.

Dunno if I'm missing something, but their online prices are either £71 or £81

Couldn't imagine spending that sort of money on a turkey, but each to their own
  • Options
    Yes that's if you go to them and collect. One local stockists charging the price I quoted at 14.50 per kilo.

I'm not planning to spend that on a turkey.

I don't want to turn it in to a thread about the haves and have nots as some people would be quite happy to pay that.

I just wanted some opinions on where people get theirs locally and/or what supermarkets.

Thanks Guinness.
  • Options
    We just order ours from Tesco but are out both days this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been working at Sainsbury's, Hempstead Valley for 26 years #jutsaying
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Weirdly, one of the things I miss most from 'home' is Sainsbury's. Supermarkets out here have improved even in the 5 years I've been here, but they're still a way behind what the UK big boys offer in terms of choice and variety. Jamie Oliver stuff has started appearing in Sobeys and Safeway though so the poncification of the humblke microwave meal is underway in Alberta.

Tend to go Co-Op for veg and staples, CostCo for meat and bulk items and then fill in with bits and pieces during the week from Safeway as it's closest to my house. We tend to be after stuff you can't get at every supermarket though (back bacon for example) so we tend to have shop around a bit.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    With AFKA in that I quite enjoy it sometimes.

We tend to do the majority in Adli and then Tesco for a few bits the Mrs is too fussy about.

Aldi quality matches Tesco etc as far am I'm concerned and much better value. They take cc these day too which is a bonus. Only ball ache is the tiny but busy Car park.

Going back a couple of years it was largely Eastern European customers, now all the suits use it too.