Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karel Fraeye: "In football, every manager is an interim manager"

Comments

• Options
    2 wins in a row - well done Karel.
  • Options
    Isit a case that Luzon was just really bad? Though I said the same thing about peeters after Luzon strung a few wins together after the terrible Christmas run. Kind of mirroring the exact same thing happening now.

Nothing against Karel, gives a good interview and has obviously done something right here, but it's still in the middle of a hurricane that tags him along. I hope to be proven wrong in the belief that we will have another situation where we won't win a game for 3months, sack the manager, new one has bright start then after 8months he's pissed off too until it literally goes all through RD's friends and family until his dog gets the job and saves us from relegation.

I hate myself for not feeling as great as I usually do after a charlton win.
    It's a bit of a confession box moment. I realised I cared more about other games via accumulator/bets then us at Birmingham.
    That's my problem and mine alone, very happy for everyone involved. I think the feeling will come back soon. I f*ckin hope so.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Isit a case that Luzon was just really bad? Though I said the same thing about peeters after Luzon strung a few wins together after the terrible Christmas run. Kind of mirroring the exact same thing happening now.

Nothing against Karel, gives a good interview and has obviously done something right here, but it's still in the middle of a hurricane that tags him along. I hope to be proven wrong in the belief that we will have another situation where we won't win a game for 3months, sack the manager, new one has bright start then after 8months he's pissed off too until it literally goes all through RD's friends and family until his dog gets the job and saves us from relegation.

It's a bit of a confession box moment. I realised I cared more about other games via accumulator/bets then us at Birmingham.
    That's my problem and mine alone, very happy for everyone involved. I think the feeling will come back soon. I f*ckin hope so.

Guy was very unlucky with injuries, it was a bit of a freak period in that respect. Karel is doing fine and the purchase of Vaz Te suggests that the message has got home to RD.
  • Options
    Whoever was responsible for it, we've gone to a decent team and won without Igor, Watt, Ba, Kashi, Ceballos, Solly (with Reza on the bench after international duty).

That's the sort of injury list that would stretch any team in our division.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I feel exactly the same. I can't really get excited about us turning the corner because we were here before with Luzon so recently. Add to that the fact every season we're going to have so much transition in the playing squad it's so hard to get that feeling I normally get when we win
  • Options
    Well done Jacko. Keep 'em coming.
  • Options

Luzon won seven out of nine in the spring, which if nothing else should demonstrate that making judgements on short term results is a mugs' game. Either way.

True but we do have the core of a decent team. Those poor results and performances are still puzzling me.

• Options

I missed the Sheffield Wed game and didn't go today. My question to those that saw both is. Do the players look like they are enjoying their football now. I always thought that the poor results were because they were not happy. The core of this squad is pretty decent. Much better than those very poor results suggested. Has anything changed ?

My guess talking tactics instead of listening to Mr motivator.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I missed the Sheffield Wed game and didn't go today. My question to those that saw both is. Do the players look like they are enjoying their football now. I always thought that the poor results were because they were not happy. The core of this squad is pretty decent. Much better than those very poor results suggested. Has anything changed ?

My guess talking tactics instead of listening to Mr motivator.
  • Options
    For me, and shoot me down here if you want, KF seems to have an idea of alternative tactics and formation's that he wants to play. Luzon was a 4-4-2 merchant and Peeters always liked to stick Bikey up top when we were losing.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Dave2l said:

Guy was very unlucky with injuries, it was a bit of a freak period in that respect. Karel is doing fine and the purchase of Vaz Te suggests that the message has got home to RD.
    Think he sort of fell into the job and landed on his feet there.
    I do hope he does well but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a master stroke from Mr. President.
  • Options

For me, and shoot me down here if you want, KF seems to have an idea of alternative tactics and formation's that he wants to play. Luzon was a 4-4-2 merchant and Peeters always liked to stick Bikey up top when we were losing.

This
  • Options

I misswd all the really bad matches, but have been to Wendies and Brum matches. There's a fight to this team, everyone working hard, defending from the front, attacking from the back. The new system puts a lot of pressure on the full backs, but they've stood up to it well so far. I think Ipswich may target THD as he's more attacking but he was my MOTM today.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Dave2l said:

Hmm, we thought that last January when we brought in Diarra, Eagles and Johnson. Still started this season with far too few players though didn't we.
  • Options

Godstone said:

Dave2l said:

Hmm, we thought that last January when we brought in Diarra, Eagles and Johnson. Still started this season with far too few players though didn't we.
    Stop forgetting Le Point! Watt signed Jan, because Eagles wasn't until later was it, Feb or even March?
  • Options

Luzon won seven out of nine in the spring, which if nothing else should demonstrate that making judgements on short term results is a mugs' game. Either way.

True but we do have the core of a decent team. Those poor results and performances are still puzzling me.

Fully agree SHG, seems to prove Guy did lose the team
  • Options
    How long is Kashi out for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luzon was revolutionary in January. A couple of injuries and the same thing will happen again and Fraeye will be out. It must be frustrating knowing that you can't add to a squad when you clearly know what the problem is.
  • Options
    Last two matches, can't ask for anymore!!......long may it continue. Whoever it is down to (I'd like to think KF) I am just going to enjoy it while it lasts, I've had enough depressing weekends during our piss poor run!!
    Well done to all involved I say..................I just hope we really put on a show and get a good result against Ipswich, especially as we are on Sky!
    COYR........
  • Options
    Well at least he has a sense of humour.
  • Options

A very puzzling deafening silence about this guy.
  • Options

A very puzzling deafening silence about this guy.
    Yes, and such a pity. He shows so much promise.
  • Options
    According to Ketts he is now fit but not match fit.
  • Options

Luzon was revolutionary in January. A couple of injuries and the same thing will happen again and Fraeye will be out. It must be frustrating knowing that you can't add to a squad when you clearly know what the problem is.

True, but with the likes of Ceballos, Igor, Kashi & Harriott to return plus an up to speed Vaz Te in a few weeks, we should be on the up.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

True, but with the likes of Ceballos, Igor, Kashi & Harriott to return plus an up to speed Vaz Te in a few weeks, we should be on the up.
    Ceballos and Igor out for a while.

Will we ever see Kashi again?

Harriott needs a move to progress as a player.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I see Johnie Jackson has told the NS that the team had got their "mojo" working due to to KF - when will he be confirmed as Manager I wonder ? One more good result and Katrien can call of her exhaustive search!
  • Options
    IAgree said:

I see Johnie Jackson has told the NS that the team had got their "mojo" working due to to KF - when will he be confirmed as Manager I wonder ? One more good result and Katrien can call of her exhaustive search!

This amateurish organisation have not even announced his appointment to take over from Luzon......on the interim basis.