Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Birmingham match thread 21/11/15

Afternoon folks, so another international break is over and we restart up in the 2nd city. Last time we played we run out handsome 3-1 winners and those at the game reckon we played very well. So with another 2 weeks off, have we managed to get a few more players fit? have we worked on different formations? have we taken the RSM from the game at The Valley up to Brum with us? Vez Te has been signed, Harry Lennon's loan period has been curtailed, does this mean that Tony Watt is still injured and Solly is not quite fit? So many questions today, and hopefully we will get them all answered by the time 5 pm comes. I fancy us to at least nick a point, but hopeful of 3, I don't know why its just a feeling I have got. I'll bring you teams as soon as I can............COYR's!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Chancing fate? from twitter -: Birmingham are in top six but their form at home is pretty average. Failed to score in 4 of their last 5 and won just once in that period.
  • Options
    Good afternoon Red, good afternoon everybody. Big respect to the travelling faithful at St Andrews as we sit in the cosy warmth. For Charltonians getting confused by the voices up there, and over the airwaves, remember that in Brummie 'kipper tie' means cup of tea.
    I will attempt to decipher the accents from the Birmingham feed and update from there, as others see us and all that. Apologies in advance for my slowness and my typos, and I hope that Red and I together can synergise and provide a full picture, obviously commentary lags, delays and cut outs get in the way of that, but we can but hope.
  • Options
    afternoon @sethplum, thanks as ever for the opposition commentary. Looking on twitter to a video just posted, Lennon will be involved in some way as his shirt is hanging up, could also see Reza's and of course Big Mac's, cousins and Holmes-Denis, Moussa and lookman as well it looks like
  • Options
    Thanks to Red and Seth, funny feeling this just might be the start of a new run of (good) form.

That's put the mockers on it!

COYR

• Options
    from twitter-: U18S | News from Wales. Our table-topping youngsters have run out 3-1 winners at @CardiffCityFC.
  • Options
    Cousins and Lennon have their shirts hanging up in the dressing room (via twitter)
  • Options
    from twitter - U18S | *correction* The action at Cardiff is not over just yet. There was a long stoppage due to an injury which saw play delayed.
  • Options

Cousins and Lennon have their shirts hanging up in the dressing room (via twitter)

Gonna be interesting to see which Defender is injured...
  • Options

Gonna be interesting to see which Defender is injured...
    Solly?
  • Options

Chancing fate? from twitter -: Birmingham are in top six but their form at home is pretty average. Failed to score in 4 of their last 5 and won just once in that period.

Perfect timing to play Charlton then ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHARLTON: Henderson, Holmes-Dennis, Bauer, Sarr, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, Gudmundsson, Makienok, Lookman
  • Options
    SUBS | Pope, Lennon, Charles-Cook, Bergdich, Ahearne-Grant, Ghoochannejhad, Vaz Te #cafc
  • Options
    Solly out, Ba suspended I think, Lennon and Vaz Te on bench
  • Options
    Tuning in from Shanghai. You'll hear @JessieAddick and me shouting if we go a goal up!
  • Options
    Great opportunity for Ademola Lookman
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Assuming that is the same formation but with Cousins in for the suspended Ba and THD in for the injured Solly.

Lookman starting ahead of Reza might be due to Reza's long flight home from Guam.

Vaz Te set to be the 811th Addick if he comes on.
  • Options
    Lookmans first start.
    Very best wishes to that young fella, I hope you're physically stronger than you look and you can handle that hostile crowd and Birmingham players.
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins returns from injury but Tony Watt and Chris Solly are out, as are Vetokele, Kashi and Ceballos
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Wow!!... Congratulations to Lookman getting his first start, for some reason dont think any of us saw it coming but it makes absolute sense

In addition I'm a big supporter of Jordan Cousins but after Ba's performance against Wednesday, he's got to produce the goods for me today else I'd be putting Ba straight back in next week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jordan Cousins returns from injury but Tony Watt and Chris Solly are out, as are Vetokele, Kashi and Ceballos

still a big injury list, still a thin squad.

C'mon Charlton
  • Options

Tuning in from Shanghai. You'll hear @JessieAddick and me shouting if we go a goal up!

You're in Shanghai? Great to know! Welcome to China! :)
  • Options

Absolutely.

I may have just cursed him though by placing a small wager on him to score first.
  • Options

Absolutely.

I may have just cursed him though by placing a small wager on him to score first.
    Dunno about First-Goalscorer... Anytime maybe :)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Lookmans first start.
    Very best wishes to that young fella, I hope you're physically stronger than you look and you can handle that hostile crowd and Birmingham players.

Dunno he didnt do too badly against the Wednesday players (although in their Defence they had pretty much given up by the time he came on)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Big respect to the travelling faithful at St Andrews as we sit in the cosy warmth. For Charltonians getting confused by the voices up there, and over the airwaves, remember that in Brummie 'kipper tie' means cup of tea.

To be honest, the most confusing so far was a Polish bloke outside the Bullring who thought I was Polish. Even after he switched to English, I still didnt know what he wanted. An hour later, I think it was "80p"

Hoping for a good result. Big chances for Lookman and THD. Not expecting a win though.
  • Options
    Morrison v Lookman will be interesting.

Morrison v Makienok will very interesting

Gray v Bauer/Sarr will be worrying : - )
  • Options
    45 mins till ko...COYR's !!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Absolutely.

Dunno about First-Goalscorer... Anytime maybe :)
    Be bold (: you are probably right though.

I originally did Vaz Te. Before checking if he was playing or not. If guess I should have had a Look Man!

Have Vaz Te as back up, it's not Lookman then hopefully it's still goalless (or any goals are own goals) if he he comes on.
  • Options
    Cheers Red / Seth. COYR