Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Isn't he on a youth contract still? Needs a deal fast or doubt he will be around very long.

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely. And with all the money coming to the Premier league we will want more than 3 million for the quality players we're producing.
  • Options
    Absolutely, its a no brainer. And what about THD another terrific prospect, is he signed up?
  • Options

Absolutely, its a no brainer. And what about THD another terrific prospect, is he signed up?

THDs contract runs until 2018.
  • Options

We're already past the point where we can dictate the contract terms. The best we can hope for is that Lookman signs a contract with a decent buy out like Gomez did.

Why ? He's a great talent and I was up there today and very impressed but I don't think we should go mad. Offer the lad a decent contract, no silly clauses, and take it from there.
  • Options
    A few bad games and people will be writing him off.
  • Options
    Hard to believe he has got to this point without us having stuck a contract under his nose. Very remiss.
  • Options
    Can't believe this board haven't learnt any lessons from the recent past. Every one knows his our next big thing and this situation's got Poyet written all over it again! Our only hope is this young man has some loyalty and sees his best chances of playing are with us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hard to believe he has got to this point without us having stuck a contract under his nose. Very remiss.

I'm assuming he's old enough to sign a pro contract?

• Options

Can be any age to sign a Pro Contract, just only takes effect from 17 (We did that with the likes of Gomez @ 15 / 16)
  • Options

Players can sign pro at 17 and he recently turned 18.

Perhaps he has signed and the club haven't announced it. Gomez turned 17 in May last year and the club didn't mention it until July when he started playing for the first team.

I don't think the club said anything about the contracts of Umerah, Edwards etc who moved up the u21s in the summer and will definitely be on pro deals as they're too old the u18s.
  • Options
    Birmingham defenders shitting themselves when he got the ball. No idea what he was going to do. Looks like a quality player.
  • Options
    I seem to recall Harriott having a cracking first game for us.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He is a better player than Harriott. I think he will sign a contract soon.

This^
  • Options
    I think he will be one of our greats if he stays. I know he will not believe it, but if he leaves to join a prem second team he will be taking the risk of missing out for years.

It is always the players that are playing that get the better deals. Staying at a club that plays you, benefits you. Simples. But some never learn.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

In January Yann will come to us and Lookman will go to Bournemouth.

Straight swap. You read it here first.

Or not.

You old cynic, Len.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    ^
    I tend to agree generally although...

Will Hughes?
    Zaha?

I am sure there are others...?
  • Options

^
    I tend to agree generally although...

Will Hughes?
    Zaha?

I am sure there are others...?

You are right, Zaha only went back to palace because they were in the top division though.

I think that's where the board come in to it. Our model seems to be- "come and play for us we will sell you on after you have proven yourself." Hughes has clearly been made to feel very wanted and maybe promised promotion in a few years? Or maybe he's just a strange loyal objection.
  • Options

He'll be gone after 20 games, partly that's modern football and partly that's the board's willingness to sell.
    To stay at the club at this level and be really good you have to have be injury prone (Solly), too young/old (Gomez/Diarra) or unproven in England (Bauer/Gudmundsson).

Did Liverpool want to sell Suarez or Sterling?
    Did Ipswich want to sell Darren bent to us?
    Did we want to sell Billy Bonds, Mike Bailey, Paul Walsh, Paul Elliott etc

Transfers happen, that's football, especially now. Lookman is a guy we only picked up a year ago, he's not someone we spent 10 years nurturing. Hopefully he'll stay with us, as he's now getting 1st team football at a young age, and can keep progressing
  • Options
    Holmes-Dennis as well as Archie edwards need to be signed up asap
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    On TV next week which will mean more eyes will be on lookman. Get him signed up before the game next week. Please!
  • Options
    How do we know that contract negotiations haven't commenced? We don't. Totally agree with the sentiments above but despite their shortcomings, I am sure Katrien and Co. are aware of which youngsters need to be signed up.
  • Options
    Quite amazed that this kid can be in the first team squad and not have already signed a contract. I'd like to think we've not been so stupid (although who knows with our board) as to not offer him one yet, so perhaps the kid is keeping his options open?
  • Options
    Badger said:

Holmes-Dennis as well as Archie edwards need to be signed up asap

THD has a contract to 2018.