Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer and Bullard

2»

Comments

• Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Really great to see after the levels they have played at, they are still happy to turn out, they must have a real love for the game

This will come as a shock to you JohnnyH2 and Shirty5 but Bowyers dad used the trains with us back in the 90s you could have been sitting next to him on your trips north.Off the top of my head Port Vale away was his first game for Charlton away from the valley was meant to be sub but played full match.
    As for Neil Ruddock he Always called me Charlton when we met up in The Hare and Hounds down on the A2,was with him when he got the call from Liverpool.
    No shock to me mate, I was on that train trip! You are spot on that it was Port Vale that Dave came to
  • Options
    Jimmy Bullard's Veterans team are playing the Kent Cup Veterans Final tonight in Chatham if anyone's interested.

Bowyer occasionally plays as does Razor Ruddock.

I'm going along just for the giggles. Be interesting to see the standard
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Jimmy Bullard's Veterans team are playing the Kent Cup Veterans Final tonight in Chatham if anyone's interested.

you should be able to pick up copy at the station
    I hope you have kids because that is a grade A dad joke
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Swisdom said:

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    In real life - the standard is pants.

Bullard at centre half and playing at about 10% capacity I think. Likely to push up in 2nd half when the other team tire.
  • Options
    Who they playing?
  • Options
    Holland & Baines I think.

One bell losing 1-0

Hopeful cross aimed at tubby dwarf goalie and big lumbering centre back headed in from a yard

Just spotted Peter garland warming up....could be about to enter the field of play.
  • Options
    Bullard equalises from the spot. Unstoppable
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

One bell losing 1-0

Hopeful cross aimed at tubby dwarf goalie and big lumbering centre back headed in from a yard

Just spotted Peter garland warming up....could be about to enter the field of play.

Wow...how big is big, fat Pete these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dog and Duck League.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Swisdom said:

One bell losing 1-0

Wow...how big is big, fat Pete these days?
    Pete = A unit.

He came on 30 secs ago - ran across the pitch and is blowing.

Comedy just in front of me. Geezer misjudged a bounce, got mugged by the winger and pulled his calf muscle so gave away a free kick. Couldn't get 10 yards so the defender took the free kick, smashed it at Geezer who got booked and then subbed. He'd only been on 5 mins

I love this game

• Options
    you sure you're not watching Charlton?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

They are in our orange kit from last season

Fuck me - Peter garland just outpaced the centre half.

• Options
    3-1 now. One bell about to be crowned champions

Bullard has pace to burn so is an awesome centre back at this level.
  • Options
    My mate just scored the second goal. They've got a decent side!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Macronate said:

They are in our orange kit from last season

Fuck me - Peter garland just outpaced the centre half.

To the bar?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Swisdom said:

Thanks for the feedback.
    I genuinely meant that in a good way...ish ;)
  • Options
    I once saw Peter Garland in the Chinese take-away at Blackfen on a Sunday night, just after the Woodman had chucked us out.

Nice bloke actually, and as he walked away with the biggest bag of take-away I have ever seen, he looked back at us and said "You won't say that you have seen me in here will you?!".

I think he was gone by the end of the season!
  • Options
    Ah Big Pete....that goal against Bolton. A proper thumper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Indeed thought he may turn into a top player for us, but sadly the lure of the lager and kebab lifestyle was too much for him!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Ah Big Pete....that goal against Bolton. A proper thumper.

My first game at the valley. We were outplayed and won 3-0. Fatty with a 30 yard screamer as I recall. East stand was just at the foundations stage of construction. Happy days.

• Options
    Big Pete was Keegan's first signing at Newcastle, not sure if the rumours are true about Pete signing for them as he misheard the word magpies.