Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Used to love Haye but lost a huge amount of respect for him in the lead up to Klitschko and the subsequent "toegate" proclamations.

Would like to see him v Fury down the line. Not sure he (haye) is still relevant in heavy weight boxing now though. Will be an interesting year next year to see what he does.
  • Options
    If Haye can get rid of this guy in style i think his relevance will rise instantly.

I hope he can get back to somwhere near his best as there are fights out there for him, i.e Joshua, Fury, Wilder etc which are exciting but if he is shot he will be exposed long before the big fights will get off the ground.
  • Options
    Must be running out of money
  • Options
    what a surprise
  • Options
    All set up for a domestic big money fight with fury after he loses to klitchko little risk big rewards very predictable
  • Options
    Went to see him vs Wlad in Germany. He was getting dogs abuse for his 'performance' from the Brits in the crowd.

I lost respect for him after that too - but would still love to see him smash Fury to bits.
  • Options
    I dont think any boxer has come back from 'retirement' a better boxer.
  • Options
    I thought it was Don Goodman at first; but then he did all his scrapping on a football pitch.
    Mind your toe dave; i know how much it hurts when you stub it.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Rocky Balboa?
    Well there is one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    His promoter has done him a massive favour getting him any sort of big ticket fight. And the photoshopper has worked magic on the publicity shots. Be interested to see how optimistic the ticket prices are for the proposed date at the O2.
    As for Haye sorting out Fury, I reckon those days have passed. Haye was the better boxer for sure, but Fury is bigger and genuinely cracked. Anthony Joshua will efficiently put both away, if either has the cojones to face the country's genuine leading heavyweight.
    Maybe DH thinks that his Don Goodman look will toughen him up, didn't DG play on with what turned out to be a fractured skull or broken neck?
  • Options

Greenie said:

Rocky Balboa?
    George Foreman? Not necessarily better but won a heavyweight title at the ripe age of 45!
  • Options

Went to see him vs Wlad in Germany. He was getting dogs abuse for his 'performance' from the Brits in the crowd.

I lost respect for him after that too - but would still love to see him smash Fury to bits.

I was at that fight, don't remember the abuse en mass. I do distinctly recall wishing he'd thrown everything at Wlad from the 7th onwards and trudging away absolutely drenched from the worst rain I can remember. Absolutely biblical.

If he'd made it known to the crowd a little toe had stopped him from really going for it there would have been a riot.
  • Options

His promoter has done him a massive favour getting him any sort of big ticket fight. And the photoshopper has worked magic on the publicity shots. Be interested to see how optimistic the ticket prices are for the proposed date at the O2.
    As for Haye sorting out Fury, I reckon those days have passed. Haye was the better boxer for sure, but Fury is bigger and genuinely cracked. Anthony Joshua will efficiently put both away, if either has the cojones to face the country's genuine leading heavyweight.
    Maybe DH thinks that his Don Goodman look will toughen him up, didn't DG play on with what turned out to be a fractured skull or broken neck?

He did Stig. Cheated I looked it up. Fractured skull against Huddersfield in 1996.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

He did Stig. Cheated I looked it up. Fractured skull against Huddersfield in 1996.
    Well it triggered their unbeaten run
  • Options
    Anthony Joshua would destroy both Hay and Fury, he is a future proper heavyweight world champion.
  • Options
    He's not ready for either of them yet. He hasn't fought anyone in their leagues.
  • Options
    Carter said:

He's not ready for either of them yet. He hasn't fought anyone in their leagues.

And he never will be if he's put up against bums like Dillian Whyte. I still can't believe that's a pay per view fight.
  • Options
    BBC London anchor woman; 'If you thought Bermondsey born boxer David Haye had retired, then you were wrong, because announcing his return to the ring after retiring in 2012...' oh, so I was right to think he retired then
  • Options

Carter said:

And he never will be if he's put up against bums like Dillian Whyte. I still can't believe that's a pay per view fight.
    Makes a mockery of the whole sport a fight like that being sold as pay per view. Hearn is taking the piss with what gets classed as box office.

He should go on the road and take on a few Russians and Germans in Germany. That would test him but it would also mean Eddie Hearn not making anywhere near what he currently does off the back of Joshua barrelling through varying degrees of punchbag journeymen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will Haye actually make it to this return fight. He seems to have a history of getting injured in training and pulling out.
  • Options
    I posted this in the WK v TF thread - I heard strong rumours that Haye is in financial difficulties and that the last three fights that he withdrew injured from (1 with Chagaev and 2 with Fury) his injuries came just after the timeline required for receiving insurance payouts ie financial compensation.
  • Options
    Haye will beat mere shadow of himself. I think he'll get sparked.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

By De Mori? I very much doubt that.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Dazzler21 said:

You would be correct, De Mori can't even talk up his own record. He can punch but show me a heavyweight who can't.

He will struggle to sell tickets to this one.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Further down the line maybe but not in this fight.
  • Options
    Carter said:

buckshee said:

Dazzler21 said:

You would be correct, De Mori can't even talk up his own record. He can punch but show me a heavyweight who can't.

Mate did you see the press conference ,what the fuck was that hipster twat promoter rambling on about? All quite bizarre.
  • Options
    Bearing in mind Haye hasn't fought anybody decent since 2011, and nobody at all since 2012.

When you take into account the shoulder injury and surgery he had that forced him to retire when training to fight Fury.

It's going to be a failed comeback i'm sure, though I truly hope it's not. Other than the toe excuse (and Millwall fannage) I've always liked Haye.
  • Options
    Entertaining boxer bar one fight with a broken toe. Getting a lot of undue stick.

He seemed quite adamant about retiring early. Does get a bit old - these boxers coming out of retirement. Rarely happens with footballers, so why boxers?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Carter said:

buckshee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Mate did you see the press conference ,what the fuck was that hipster twat promoter rambling on about? All quite bizarre.
    Yeah what was all that about?!!? Algorithms and social profiling.... They were obviously very cheap