Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Up Front for Saturday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mak & Reza, and depending how they get on would bring on Vaz Te for Mak or Lookman for Reza
  • Options

If Lookman is as good as we think he could be then he'll already be well on the radar of every top club....a game on Sky against Ipswich won't do anything to change that.

He has been on the radar of other Clubs for a while now. Always lots of scouts at U21 games when Lookman is there. I think he will sign a contract for us but be gone within the year.

• Options

just a hunch but I think that Lookie is under contract. when KM announces this evening that we couldn't get a couple of loans over the line she will soften it with news that Lookman has signed a 3 yr deal. hope I'm right.

I heard a few weeks ago from the Father of one of the U21 players that Lookman was going to sign a Contract. But it has gone a bit quiet on that front.

• Options
    Didn't we have the same problem with Shelvey, Jenkinson, and obviously Poyet, that their contracts didn't have much to run making a sale (at a knock-down price at least for Shelvey) inevitable? I realize that once they break into the first team, it's much harder to sign them up (especially if they get wind that they're attracting the attention of other clubs), but why let it get to that point?

For me, this, more than transfers, is what is so frustrating. The risk/reward ratio for signing a 16-18 year old up to a contract to protect his worth has got to be far better than some of the loans or signing we've had in the last five years.
  • Options

Mak & Reza, and depending how they get on would bring on Vaz Te for Mak and Lookman for Reza

After an hour I agree.
  • Options
    Has anyone said they'd want Watt starting ?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Has anyone said they'd want Watt starting ?

No, but I would start Kermorgant instead.
    What about Hales ?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I was originally going to call this "Reza or Lookie," but thought I'd open it up in case some of you would drop Mak.

I'd go with Reza and Mak. My heart says Lookie, it sounds like he was very bright against BCFC, but for a tele game against a Mick McCarthy side, I'd say go with the experience of Reza and Mak. If Lookie were to start, I suspect the likes of Smith, Berra, Chambers, and Douglas would rotate little niggling fouls trying to break up his rhythm and frustrate him. Bring him and/or KAG on at '60 and let them run at them.

On tele in the States, so it'll be a half four wake up for me here in San Diego.

I was at this fixture last year. Still fucked off. Fucking Noel Hunt.

Play 2-4-4 & watch Micmac's face when the Sky cameras zoom in for his reaction.

Simples.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't have El Macca doing commentary here anymore, which is a real shame. He could be idiotic, he could be insightful, but he always came off as rather likable.

These days we have the terrible dull background noise of Lee Dixon or Graham Le Saux saying nothing and pretending it's an opinion. We get Danny Mills from time-to-time, and he's the best of a bad lot really.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Mak and Lookman.

I like the new buzz that some of the kids bring to the party. Reza is an old warlord whose heart isn't really in it

I'm assuming you were not at the Sheff Weds game then

Yeah I have a season ticket. Was at Leeds away too.

It takes more than 1 good performance to impress me

Lookman should be rewarded with a start after his Birmingham performance
  • Options

Mak and Lookman.

I like the new buzz that some of the kids bring to the party. Reza is an old warlord whose heart isn't really in it

I'm assuming you were not at the Sheff Weds game then

Yeah I have a season ticket. Was at Leeds away too.

Lookman should be rewarded with a start after his Birmingham performance
    This has to be the most bizarre comment ever!

"It takes more than 1 good performance to impress me"

You do realise Birmingham was Lookman's first start for the first team? And therefore only "1 good performance"?