Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, who will Pards have left next season?

If we accept that relegation is now 70% likely we need to look ahead to next year to see exactly what we will have left to work with next season.

Personally, although I hope we stay up, I also feel that a season of rebuilding in the CCC might be in the better long term interests of the club and do us a favor in the way it seems to have helped Brum and Sunderland.

Fact is, you CAN'T rebuild in the Prem, there are no easy games and the pressure is too high.

So, what will Pards have to work with next season, bearing in mind that the following players will be sold/released/returned to their real owners in the summer....

Myhre
Carson
Young
Fortune
Holland
Kishishev
Song
D. Bent
Zheng
Hasselbaink
Rommedahl

That means we will be left with.....

KEEPERS
Randolph

DEFENDERS
Sankofa
Ashton
El Karkouri
Bougherra
Diawara
Thatcher
Hreidarsson
Gibbs

MIDFIELDERS
Walton
Ambrose
Thomas
Hughes
Faye
Reid

STRIKERS
M. Bent
Lisbie
Sam
Walker
Dickson

+++++++++++++++++

According to my calculations, we will need to bring in TWO goalkeepers, ONE new full-back, THREE new midfielders (especially in the middle) and at least TWO new strikers.....

What does everyone else reckon?

Comments

• Options
    I believe Sankofa, El Karkouri, Hreidarsson, Hughes and Lisbie are all out of contract.

El K may go to better things and sadly I think HH is now past it. Sankofa could do a job in the Fizzy pop I think and * ducks for cover* Hughes and Lisbie would both do well at that level.

I would offload Bent M if possible.
  • Options
    I can't see Elk getting a move to another Prem club, he has improved but apart from the promoted sides I don't see anyone else wanting him. HH would be OK at that level at centre-half and I agree that Hughes could be useful as a goal-scoring midfielder and Lisbie might do a job too.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    What Birmingham and Derby have done is make very good use of the loan system fielding 4 or 5 premier league players. Pardew has already shown that he is happy to use the loan system.

Many of the players are out of contract which could be seen as a good thing as we will not have their wages hanging over us but we could offer them new, perhaps reduced, deals should we still want them. Kish for example has been MOTM at Leeds in many games. No idea if Pards fancies him but I know Len Glover does (not in the biblical sense). Fortune is still under contract next year and doing a job for Stoke.

Some the of young players such as Arter and Wright might also push for a place and there is also Elliot the other keeper.
  • Options
    According to the BBC Alan Pardew has said that Darren Bent is for sale, but they are merely forwarding on a Daily Star rumour. Assuming he goes and we get good money (after we've paid off Ipswich) and we have the parachute payments to factor in, plus there is no debt and a number of players are out of contract and if retained will presumably be on CCC contracts.

Goalkeepers...we have Randolph and Elliot, we need an experienced keeper as neither Randolph or Elliot have Charlton first team experience. Maybe Liverpool will loan Carson for another year? Everton are thought to be signing Tim Howard and will let Richard Wright go.

Defenders...at CB we have ElK, Diawara, Boughera and Gibbs. I think ElK's contract expires this season but I'd keep him. We have no need to buy anymore CBs especially as there are a couple of youth players who might come through - Tanska for eg. At LB Thatcher is under contract next season and behind him there is Youga and Ashton and at RB Luke Young and Sankofa. So no defenders really needed unless a bargain comes on the market and/or stupid money is offered for one or more of these players.

Midfield...we have the Danish winger to replace Romm, Thomas, Reid, Ambrose, Walton, Gislason, Faye. Hughes and Holland I think are out of contract and may or may not get new contracts. Even if they do that looks a bit light and we need a Kinsella/Parker type player in there.

Strikers...if Darren Bent goes we have the money to buy a couple of strikers in, maybe Eastwood and Healy? Plus Dickson, but he's an unknown quantity and Marcus Bent has a decent scoring record at CCC level, Lisbie also. JFH is on a one year contract and I don't see any point in him getting another.

In addition we have a number of players - Arter, Wright, Weston etc who perhaps need a few games if only so we can see whether they have enough at first team level.

The advantage we have is Pardew being recognised as a manager who brings talent through, rather than shores up his team/squad with Bosman transfers and cheap signings. That I think makes it likely that Premiership managers will loan players to Charlton to be brought on - so it might be that Arsenal will loan Song to us and we can pick up other loanees here and there.
  • Options
    more importantly, he will have me and at least 16.441 others backing him...that's not a bad basis for starters...
  • Options
    Jerome Thomas will go because he was off to Fulham in janurary so there will be prem interest there.

M Bent will go

Diawara/El Kak will go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If we accept that relegation is now 70% likely
    ... in which case survival is 30% likely, so this talk is premature at least until Tuesday.

30% aint as bad a chance as it might sound, worth keeping the belief and fighting for

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    El Kak is one arrogant sod. He has made it clear to the few at the club who still listen to him that he has no intention of playing at a lower level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I can't see Elk getting a move to another Prem club, he has improved but apart from the promoted sides I don't see anyone else wanting him. HH would be OK at that level at centre-half and I agree that Hughes could be useful as a goal-scoring midfielder and Lisbie might do a job too.

The Elk used to play for Sunderland so he could end up there.

Thinking about it Hughes might end up returning to Birmingham for the same reason.
  • Options
    I would also offload Lisbie - he is a waste of money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Thomas goes which i think he will then we should look to sign Jarvis from Gillingham. Not heard much about him but he was named in the league 1 team of the season by his fellow players.
    Maybe we could look to get someone like Sinclair on loan from Chelsea if they don't want him yet. Surely we're a better bet than Plymouth!
  • Options
    thomas will go spurs
    darren bent will liverpool or chelsea
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]El Kak is one arrogant sod. He has made it clear to the few at the club who still listen to him that he has no intention of playing at a lower level.

that's good, because his style of play won't be suited to the Championship.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]El Kak is one arrogant sod. He has made it clear to the few at the club who still listen to him that he has no intention of playing at a lower level.[/quote]

Well, I have no idea of knowing if that is true or not but if it is then he will have a major shock on his hands because nobody is going to want him, definitely not Sunderland or Brum, unless the 3rd promoted side comes in for him which is a long shot at best.

Thomas? Again, where else in the Prem can he expect a move? Who else could he expect to get a starting place for? Spurs? Please, they have a bloke called Lennon who is just a BIT tasty playing wide for them.

Similar for Diawara, he has had a mixed season and Charlton won't sell him for less that 2.5 million in order to get at least some money back and unless Harry flashes some cash you can't see him going.

Good call on Sinclair at Plymouth and Jarvis, they are the types we are going to need. Not sure about Song in the CCC.
  • Options
    it's been said about freddie eastwood (heard a whisper it was a done deal for the summer in january).
    what has happened to collins john? imo he would be an excellent signing.
  • Options
    where was Diawara at Ewood ? Why is Pards mentioning that the Elk and HH should be okay for Spudz but no word on Diawara. Deal already done I wonder ?
  • Options
    BFR ,you say that we have no debts. Where did you pick that up from?

Last year at the end of season Bromley supporters meeting I thought Murray said we were in debt to the tune of about £17M and I'm assuming after our spending spree, it would now be higher.

Anyone know?