Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Battle of the Xmas Adverts - Aldi vs. John Lewis

2»

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The John Lewis advert is beautiful.

It can't be by definition; it is an advert designed by an agency to invade your home, lodge in your mind and get you to spend your hard-earned cash at a corporation's outlet. I don't see any beauty in that.

I'm working with a marketing team on a Christmas campaign. Our advert is well made I admit, but the people behind it don't really care about the content or message, they're obsessed with how good their advert is. The marketeers are wagging the dog. There are a dozen corporations doing this; measuring themselves against each other, obsessing over who has the best advert. They forgot that the content or the offer or deal is what matters. They couldn't care less about that stuff though.
    To be fair Jimmy it hasn't been about anything other than the advert, itself, for a few years. None of these companies need to advertise themselves or what they are selling. John Lewis themselves have two significant USPs - 1> They are 'never knowingly undersold' and 2> There Christmas advert is anticipated more than any other.

Realistically they don't even need their name on it because people (maybe not you but lots of them) look for it specifically and they discuss it with their friends or colleagues - or on a football forum!