Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Manager Worth His Salt?

2»

Comments

• Options
    If we want a Manager who can get us out of League One... Why not get someone who has already done it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3563581/Blackburn-boss-Paul-Lambert-leave-end-season-former-Villa-manager-activates-release-clause.html

Although
    (1) If he doesnt want to work with the Blackburn owners he wont want to work with ours
    (2) Looks like Tony Watt wont be joining Blackburn in the summer
  • Options
    I wonder where he's going - Celtic?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options

I wonder where he's going - Celtic?

You would assume so.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Warnock, give our team a purpose but would he put up with the great Roland ?
  • Options
    Dr.kish suggesting Chris Wilder is on our wish list
  • Options
    I would assume that virtually no manager worth even road salt would join the club presently unless there were rock solid guarantees (don't know what Riga thought he got) of a no meddling policy.
  • Options

I'd like to see Warnock, give our team a purpose but would he put up with the great Roland ?

1. Neil Warnock is very direct and would just completely take the piss. He will be able to get some anti establishment built up heat off his chest and go to town on the hierchy of Charlton. He doesn't really need a job.
    2. It would be entertaining but he would be sacked after 2hours.
  • Options
    Be realistic. The only British managers will be ones utterly desperate for work; even then they risk a tarnished reputation and constant interference. So we will continue with the merry-go-round of third (or worse) rate ones from Belgium etc.

That said, seeing Meire try to take on the Warnock/Holloways of this world would be hilarious.
  • Options
    If Holloway becomes the manager then we are truly fucked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    mogodon said:

Be realistic. The only British managers will be ones utterly desperate for work; even then they risk a tarnished reputation and constant interference. So we will continue with the merry-go-round of third (or worse) rate ones from Belgium etc.

That said, seeing Meire try to take on the Warnock/Holloways of this world would be hilarious.

Holloway's got nothing to worry about on that front after being binned off by the Nigels and Spanners :wink: .
  • Options
    Not sure why this discussion is even happening. If Riga goes then clearly it's Bob Peeters' turn again. Isn't that how Roland works?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    mogodon said:

Not sure why this discussion is even happening. If Riga goes then clearly it's Bob Peeters' turn again. Isn't that how Roland works?

Don't write off that dark horse at Ujpest though :wink:
  • Options
    I would like to have Paul Tisdale from Exeter as our manager. They always seemed to play a nice, tidy passing game with him and he seems a decent bloke.
  • Options
    The next appointment is going to be the most interesting yet. After relegation will Roland finally admit defeat in his master plan?

But Christ can you imagine if Bob Peeters came back? I've never seen a side so negative to watch after taking a 1-0 lead before.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

More like Gene Wilder knowing Meire.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Loads of hot air followed by Wim De Cort getting a five year deal and Colin telling us it is an interim five year deal until Marc Wilmotts finishes spending his Top Shop vouchers in Oxford St.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

sammy391 said:

More like Gene Wilder knowing Meire.
    Or Kim Wilde...
  • Options
    Today's announcement shows that no manager with any credibility will work with the clown in charge.