Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conmen in the Sidcup area, please read

Received this morning, utter scum.

St Mary's Police - Important information

Dear resident

Recently in the Sidcup area, two white males with Irish accents driving a silver van, have been conning vulnerable residents out of cash by stating that they undertake a gutter-clearing service and other building repairs.

An elderly resident agreed to have her gutter cleared for £40 but, after they both confused and scared the lady, she paid them £485.

The males use false business cards for:-

PROLINE HOME IMPROVEMENTS
WWW.PROLINEIMPROVEMENTS.COM

This company is genuine but the males DO NOT work for them.

If these males do come to your attention can you please call police immediately with, ideally, the registration of the vehicle.

Please tell all your family, friends and neighbours about these males, especially if they are elderly and potentially vulnerable.

Crime Prevention Advice

Recently we had 'Black Friday' which for those are not aware is a day when most retailers offer discounts on their products. It is considered by some to be the start of the shopping season. If you do purchase any large items please remember that any packing/packaging that is left outside your property can be considered a sign that you have some new items in your house.

Please do not leave any items on display that could be seen through your windows. This also applies to your car as well.

Please make sure that all your property is secure, we do suggest that a light that comes on as you approach the front door is a good deterrent. Also, an old fashioned steering-wheel lock is a good visual deterrent as well as your car alarm.

Please remember, if your neighbour works and the house is empty, to put away your neighbours rubbish bins after refuse collection as this can also be a sign that the property is empty.

If you require any further information or some other crime prevention advice please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Steve Graves 7328RY
St Mary's Safer Neighbourhood Team
Tel 02087212816
BexleyStMarys.snt@met.police.uk

Comments

• Options
    Pikeys,

Star Lane would be good place to start the investigations
  • Options
    You need to get up pretty early in the morning to catch me out
  • Options
    Had a couple of break ins in area as well of late, late afternoon
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Perhaps if they, oh I don't know, patrolled the streets or something?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I wonder if they've ever considered doing something as radical as this?..........
  • Options
    It is a real problem. I'd suggest we turn our attentions from Syria to the star lane area. I'll make sure I'm out of the area on the agreed day.
  • Options
    Star Lane should have been flattened 50 years ago.
  • Options

It is a real problem. I'd suggest we turn our attentions from Syria to the star lane area. I'll make sure I'm out of the area on the agreed day.

Do you own a Silver van?
  • Options
    These are Irish tinkers not Romany gypsies. Scum of the earth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you own a Silver van?
    There's something not quite right about the silver van. The Mitsubishi Warrior is the caravan tower of choice isn't it?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Do you own a Silver van?
    There's something not quite right about the silver van. The Mitsubishi Warrior is the caravan tower of choice isn't it?
    Or brand new Range Rover Sports in White
  • Options
    What if they did really good job clearing the guttering?
  • Options

What if they did really good job clearing the guttering?

They've probably spun your drum while you've been admiring their good work
  • Options
    Torch the caravans, destroy the lucky heather. We need to show 'em that we don't tolerate criminal behaviour around here :-)
  • Options

Torch the caravans, destroy the lucky heather. We need to show 'em that we don't tolerate criminal behaviour around here :-)

That's summing I've always wondered; if that heather is so lucky, why do they live in a caravan?
    Heather's not even lucky for itself - otherwise it wouldn't have to suffer living on open moorland and get torched by gamekeepers every couple of years.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That's summing I've always wondered; if that heather is so lucky, why do they live in a caravan?
    Heather's not even lucky for itself - otherwise it wouldn't have to suffer living on open moorland and get torched by gamekeepers every couple of years.
    But look at the alternative; getting picked by a pikey , wrapped in tin foil and sold to pissed up people at Ascot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you do purchase any large items please remember that any packing/packaging that is left outside your property can be considered a sign that you have some new items in your house.

Is it bad that I always leave the box outside a house a few doors down so that burglars think they've got new stuff?

• Options

Received this morning, utter scum.

St Mary's Police - Important information

Dear resident

Recently in the Sidcup area, two white males with Irish accents driving a silver van, have been conning vulnerable residents out of cash by stating that they undertake a gutter-clearing service and other building repairs.

An elderly resident agreed to have her gutter cleared for £40 but, after they both confused and scared the lady, she paid them £485.

The males use false business cards for:-

PROLINE HOME IMPROVEMENTS
    WWW.PROLINEIMPROVEMENTS.COM

This company is genuine but the males DO NOT work for them.

If these males do come to your attention can you please call police immediately with, ideally, the registration of the vehicle.

Please tell all your family, friends and neighbours about these males, especially if they are elderly and potentially vulnerable.

Crime Prevention Advice

Recently we had 'Black Friday' which for those are not aware is a day when most retailers offer discounts on their products. It is considered by some to be the start of the shopping season. If you do purchase any large items please remember that any packing/packaging that is left outside your property can be considered a sign that you have some new items in your house.

Please do not leave any items on display that could be seen through your windows. This also applies to your car as well.

Please make sure that all your property is secure, we do suggest that a light that comes on as you approach the front door is a good deterrent. Also, an old fashioned steering-wheel lock is a good visual deterrent as well as your car alarm.

Please remember, if your neighbour works and the house is empty, to put away your neighbours rubbish bins after refuse collection as this can also be a sign that the property is empty.

If you require any further information or some other crime prevention advice please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
    Steve Graves 7328RY
    St Mary's Safer Neighbourhood Team
    Tel 02087212816
    BexleyStMarys.snt@met.police.uk

How the fuck am I supposed to park behind the sofa?

• Options
    Another scam which has happened recently is bloke knocks on the door says he's homeless, begging for money, he's been round twice in the last week, normally knocks about dinner time , saucy git.
  • Options
    Had our car stolen last Thursday fromWelling off of out drive Wife locks the the car (well she thought she had ) car apparently gets intercepted by computer gizmo. The car is then chipped and now she's gone. Happening all the time according to police. Technology !! What do I know.
  • Options

Pikeys,

Star Lane would be good place to start the investigations

When I was a bailiff a few years back, I discovered a stolen BMW parked up on a site down at Star Lane. I called plod and they did absolutely nothing about it, didn't want to know. Did a PNC check to confirm it was actually stolen and simply stated it wasn't worth their while coming down.

• Options
    It's Bob Peeters and Guy Luzon. They are lost, bewildered, scared, hungry and trapped in Kent. Roland and Katrien have ceased all ties and refuse to communicate with them. They are desperate to make it home and return to the safety of their families.

In time Bob and Guy will be joined by Karel, possibly some others, possibly Katrien.

It will essentially be a remake of the TV show lost, however on a lower budget. Sidcup will represent the island.