Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robert Elms "round your way" in Greenwich today

on Radio London 94.9 fm 12.00 to 3.00

For those of you with access to a radio

Comments

• Options
    Did you know he doesn't like The Beatles?
  • Options

But he did invent London.
  • Options
    I like radio London and some of his stuff is fascinating but he can come across at times as an arsehole bit like me
  • Options

Knows his mustard then
  • Options

I like radio London and some of his stuff is fascinating but he can come across at times as an arsehole bit like me

Not fair to say you are facinating.

;0)

• Options
    Robert Elms with working-class person; 'Cor blimey, you're 'avin' a larf!'
    Robert Elms with middle-class person;' By his deconstruct of vanity, surely he affords its premise agency?'

Doesn't like the Beatles.

Prick: QED
  • Options
    It's a great show he has been doing for the last 20 odd years and some of the stuff on London is really interesting. Like the Listed Londoner feature, Harry Redknapp's (I know he's a knob) and Len Goodman's were fascinating to me as they spoke about the era my parents remember.

Saying all that thought Elms can be a pretentious twat at times and mentions gentrification (I know it's not good either) 10 times per show. And he has a questionable taste in music even apart from his Beatles thing.
  • Options
    The three questions he gets people to phone in with and then get answered ny Londoners is very good
  • Options
    Used to be: 90% twat, 10% interesting/entertaining
    Now: 10% twat, 90% interesting/entertaining. One of the best bits of radio there is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with that redlanered. It's the best show on the radio, in my opinion. And to be fair, in his book The Way We Wore, he does admit he was a complete wanker throughout the entire Eighties. He also reveals he and Boy George have a mutal hatred for each other. I'll always remember the day Joe Strummer died and Elms broke down live on his show. I was a bit fragile that day, but that set me off again. He had to go to a record.