Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paternity Leave

Howdy,

Random question of the day. What is the maternity pay at your workplace? And what is your entitlement?

I recall getting a choice of either 1 or 2 weeks which had to be taken in one lump and it was full pay.

I'm looking to see if that's the norm or if I was lucky

Comments

• Options
    You were lucky in that most employers would only pay the SPL payment of £140 per week.
  • Options
    At my old place Paternity leave was 2 weeks on full pay and didn't have to be taken as a 2 week chunk, could be split up over a certain time period.

For my first born I also took parental leave and had the summer off with him - that's unpaid though.
  • Options
    Took it back in March.

2 weeks off (but I was given the option to split it into 2 to have at any time in the first 12 weeks?) but only got statutory pay
  • Options
    fuck me, never existed when my kids were born, gonna get shot down here but as a employer it's a pain up the feckin arse.
  • Options
    I would have got statutory paternity pay with the jobs I was in both times.

Bad time to drop down to getting paid £140 a week, so I just saved up my leave and took two weeks holiday both times.
  • Options

fuck me, never existed when my kids were born, gonna get shot down here but as a employer it's a pain up the feckin arse.

I've got 2 staff members coming up and was surprised when HR told me it was £139 per week.....didn't realise I was so lucky.

• Options
    Can you not split it now if you want between mother and father?

https://www.gov.uk/shared-parental-leave-and-pay/overview
  • Options
    WSS said:

Can you not split it now if you want between mother and father?

https://www.gov.uk/shared-parental-leave-and-pay/overview

That's a different and additional right from Statutory Paternity Leave
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Three weeks full pay for paternity leave here, can be split into weeks, but must be taken in the first year
  • Options
    I got 2 weeks full pay, split or one block, choice was mine. Seems it varies from place to place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Three weeks full pay for paternity leave here, can be split into weeks, but must be taken in the first year

Nice. Civil service?

• Options
    I offer time and a half not to go off
  • Options

That's not the spirit !
  • Options

Homewrecker.
  • Options
    They let me take 2 weeks full pay but logged in every now and then to check everything was ok.
  • Options
    It's more important to have the ability to pay for your off spring than be there

If they really moan they can have time and 3/4s and they can work their lunch and finish early
  • Options
    I was under the impression that legally 'fathers' got 2 weeks full pay now from birth
  • Options

I was under the impression that legally 'fathers' got 2 weeks full pay now from birth

Nope - https://www.gov.uk/employers-paternity-pay-leave/entitlement
  • Options
    I got 2 weeks full pay & also took 2 weeks holiday to get a ahole month off :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Can I get it back dated for 35 years?
  • Options
    2 weeks. 4 days full pay the rest statutory pay of a hundred and something a week. A pittance really!
  • Options

2 weeks. 4 days full pay the rest statutory pay of a hundred and something a week. A pittance really!

It is to get you used to the fact that you are going to have NO money, after your child is born