Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COPD - Airnergy

Hi all,

I had a look through the site and found numerous posts from people suffering from, or with family or friends suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). My mum, after a lifetime of smoking, is a bad sufferer.

The reason for this post is that I have had a link to a system called Airnergy sent to me.

http://airnergy-oxygen-therapy.co.uk/pages/Home.htm

It's Germany technology and claims to aid sufferers of a number of diseases/ ailments and also sports men/women. There seem to be an awful lot of claims about its' benefits, but I just wondered if anyone here had ever used it and had any thoughts - good, bad, indifferent? Just wondered whether it may help with COPD particularly.

Many thanks
Tel

Comments

• Options
    My mum has COPD.

It became a secondary issue once lung cancer turned up.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum PL54. I know COPD sufferers are at an increased risk and, given the years mum has smoked, cancer is always a worry.

All the best
    Tel
  • Options
    PL54 said:

My mum has COPD.

It became a secondary issue once lung cancer turned up.

Sorry to hear that PL54. Its difficult to see a loved once go through a very serious illness. All the best to you and your family.
  • Options
    Don't know what's available local to her but in Rotherham they have a respite unit called breathing space for when it flares up. This really helps people get on track when struggling.
  • Options
    Thanks @The Prince-e-Paul she's over in Ireland and not sure about the quality of the amenities they have. Locally, probably not much, but better if she can travel which may be an issue too. You can't really be anywhere better to avoid poor quality air (in countryside, away from major towns) though.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this, @TelMc32.
  • Options

Sorry to hear this, @TelMc32.

Thanks mate.
  • Options
    My mum told me yesterday that her results showed COPD chronic bronchitis and emphysema. COPD is stage 3 not sure what that means but apparently advanced.

Apparently they can't cure it but they can slow down the progression of it and manage the symptoms with pumps etc.

She was told to stay away from cigarette smoke, fumes, hairspray and other aerosols are a no no and she isn't to use toxic air fresheners etc.

Best of luck @TelMc32 and sorry to hear about your mum @PL54.

I've not heard of the therapy you are talking about in your OP but will look into it, thank you.
  • Options
    I lost my mum last year to COPD, I can only pass on my best wishes to those of you with loved ones suffering from that horrible disease.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum @sadiejane1981 I hope that the doctors can make her as comfortable as possible.

I ordered some info from the Airnergy people. The machine is nearly £5k, but I couldn't find any independent testimonials or tests, other than on their own website. It has been around for a few years & the only info I can find is on a number of chat forums (Money Expert & MS for example). Doesn't seem to be all it claims, sadly.

Thanks to you and @T.C.E for your best wishes & my condolences for your mum @T.C.E