Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton game - best way to go

I've never been to a Charlton away game, but want to take my 5 year old in the optimistic hope we can beat Brighton.

Anyone got any advice around ticketing, train vs car, where to park?

Comments

• Went to Brighton a couple of seasons ago for evening game - it is probbaly the most awqward ground to get to and park by car - an absolute nightmare.
    I would suggest, depending on what direction you are coming from to either get to Lewes and take the train from there to Falmer which is next to the stadium or, if you are coming from other direction, go to Brighton and then get the train or bus from there to the ground.

Dont, repeat, dont attempt to expect to be able to park next to or near the ground - it doesnt have anywhere to park around it.
  • Brighton tickets include free train travel from the local area to the game
  • Definitely wouldn't drive, it's fairly easy on trains though. Down to Brighton/ Lewes then on to Falmer and you're bang outside the stadium. Bare in mind that there will be a fairly big queue to get back in to the station after the game. So if we are getting stuffed 4-0 in the 60th minute I wouldn't bother hanging about.
  • Don't drive from High Barnet. Takes bloody ages.
  • 'Your ground's too big for you' is a witty song when you're bored.

When you aren't being homophobic, why not suggest that Brighton is a den of incest?

But if that tubby bloke in the pink polo is there again... all... sitting there...

Train from Brighton was handy. Big queue on the way back though. If Lewes is an option, that is probably easier
  • I guess you're looking for the best possible experience right?

In which case I would suggest not going...
  • Trains every 10 minutes Lewes to Falmer, takes 10 minutes maximum.

Lewes is a very pleasant town with a couple of decent boozers outside the station.
  • Definitely wouldn't drive, it's fairly easy on trains though. Down to Brighton/ Lewes then on to Falmer and you're bang outside the stadium. Bare in mind that there will be a fairly big queue to get back in to the station after the game. So if we are getting stuffed 4-0 in the 60th minute I wouldn't bother hanging about.

Definitely wouldn't drive, it's fairly easy on trains though. Down to Brighton/ Lewes then on to Falmer and you're bang outside the stadium. Bare in mind that there will be a fairly big queue to get back in to the station after the game. So if we are getting stuffed 4-0 in the 60th minute I wouldn't bother hanging about.

I echo this. Usually go to Brighton but not going this year due to the stupid park & ride scheme. The other year when it was an evening game during the winter we spent over an hour after the game queuing up for a coach back to the car parks in the freezing cold. I've been told train is best, but I don't live on that line & would mean 3 sets of changes - no thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yup, I'd avoid driving.
    Been to countless away games and always drive.
    Made sure my 2nd visit to Brighton was by coach.