Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd Income

2»

Comments

• Options
    40% tax on second income??
  • Options

Only the bit that takes you over the lower tax threshold isn't it
  • Options

Only the bit that takes you over the lower tax threshold isn't it
    Yeah the rest gets taxed at 45% ;-)
  • Options
    Charlton Manager?
  • Options
    why not just sell sperm/a kidney/one of your kids
  • Options
    There are two good ones I do. Football refereeing earns me £60+ a week for two evenings reffing 5-a-side leagues (Goals, Power Play, Power League) plus another £40 for one game at the weekend.
    Another is taking part in medical research, which can be anything from a couple of hundred quid for a one-off visit, to the one I did last March to test a cancer treatment which entailed an eight night stay in a pretty comfortable facility (Sky Sports, half decent food, some lovely nurses), plus half a dozen visits for follow up tests. That netted me £2,100.
  • Options
    is it an interim 2nd income you're after? Roly might have something for you soon. The good thing is you don't need any qualifications whatsoever. In fact the less the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There are two good ones I do. Football refereeing earns me £60+ a week for two evenings reffing 5-a-side leagues (Goals, Power Play, Power League) plus another £40 for one game at the weekend.
    Another is taking part in medical research, which can be anything from a couple of hundred quid for a one-off visit, to the one I did last March to test a cancer treatment which entailed an eight night stay in a pretty comfortable facility (Sky Sports, half decent food, some lovely nurses), plus half a dozen visits for follow up tests. That netted me £2,100.

£2100 seems a relatively small amount of money for someone to get you to be a human guinea pig on new drugs though. How 'safe' is medical research?
  • Options

£2100 seems a relatively small amount of money for someone to get you to be a human guinea pig on new drugs though. How 'safe' is medical research?
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/mar/15/health.medicineandhealth2
  • Options
    If you've got a spare room how about putting it on air bnb?
  • Options
    Try stewarding. Usually opportunities at sports grounds and concert venues.

Actually not a bad way to make a few bob and if you are lucky, to get to see the event you are working at.

If really desperate - and say, under 25 or you will stick out like a sore thumb - try catering. Compass always looking for staff.
  • Options
    How about being a crowd extra............KM will be hiring about 8,000 of them for the next home game that RD attends
  • Options

How do you get into medical research?

Google. Ads in the papers (Metro is good for those)
  • Options

Need any qualifications for the reffing?
  • Options

Need any qualifications for the reffing?
    Not to do Charlton games it seems, but otherwise you'd need to do a 6-8 week course with a test if I remember rightly - the test is basically impossible to fail, but to start off you need to pay for the course and kit (approx £80-100 total I think) - and you need to be assessed a couple of times. Worth it if you're going to stick at it for a while, and the money does actually add up if you do a couple of games a week.

Did it whilst I was injured for a couple of years, back to playing now - but it was actually pretty fun.
  • Options

How do you get into medical research?

Ya gotta practice

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Host Ann Summers parties
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Host Ann Summers parties

Not sure my wife will let me do that.

• Options

You can take part in matched betting. You can make about £700 in a month but once you've exhausted all the freebets that's it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/8185280/Is-this-a-bet-you-cant-lose.html

There's a few good forums out there and mailing lists that keep you updated with the latest offers as they come out. Been tempted to look in to it myself, I think I've read £2.4k as a potential return using one plan.
  • Options

The one I trialled, Avastin, was already available in the US and Europe, plus I was given a minute dose, plus I am by nature a bit of a gambler.
    Interesting, the first company I worked for was creating a competitor to Avastin. The thing with Avatin is it's a cancer drug that is used "off label" to treat macular degeneration, because the macular degeneration drug, Lucentis, is about a million times as expensive. But, despite claims from Genentech, they're the same thing.

Curious to hear how the study went.
  • Options
    "Curious to hear how the study went."

It went well. No discernable side effects, eight days off work, eight days away from the kids, didn't have to cook, food decent, friendly doctors and nurses, sky sports in the tv room, over two grand better off.
    I did another one earlier this year for a similar length of time, testing a drug that kills a parasite that causes river blindness in tropical areas. It was similarly enjoyable.
  • Options
    My missus is a stay at home Mum but has got herself into the 'market research' circle.

Yes before you all ask, she isnt supposed to do it as I work in advertising, but I work in IT whenever they ask.

Just last Saturday she had one in London - £120 cash in hand, for 3 hours work.

She gets up to 10 a month - usually no more than a few hours.
  • Options
    Have you got a good poker face?

I know someone from a few years ago that makes a f*cking fortune from it. He is also just a complete idiot.

Enters local gatherings/tournaments