Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester away 9/10-1-16

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/travel-shuttle-bus-224084.asp

Wonder why Charlton don't start trying this... The Sainsburys / Comet has now gone from the area leaving a huge car park for just B&Q so could easily have the Park & Ride running from there for starters maybe?

As there are already 3 bus routes from this car park [161,472 & 486] a shuttle bus is not necessary.
  • Options

Nothing surprises me with some of our fans. As soon as the draw was made on social media sites comments such as " crap draw" "Colchester zzz" totally embarrassing. Maybe they would have preferred Middlesboro away.
    Personally great day out...take the youngsters and maybe get the glamour teams in the next couple of rounds.

Why do you find it embarrassing
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Nothing surprises me with some of our fans. As soon as the draw was made on social media sites comments such as " crap draw" "Colchester zzz" totally embarrassing. Maybe they would have preferred Middlesboro away.
    Personally great day out...take the youngsters and maybe get the glamour teams in the next couple of rounds.

People just want the glory of playing a top 4 team in the premiership rather than having the romance of the FA Cup. That is what is embarrassing.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

People just want the glory of playing a top 4 team in the premiership rather than having the romance of the FA Cup. That is what is embarrassing.
    A there in lies the problem, when was our last FA Cup romance? People would rather a big prem team now, we know we will go out early doors anyway, we may as well do it at Old Trafford
  • Options
    I think Col U away is a good draw. Could have been a damn sight worse. Good day out, localish and with a realistic chance of progress to the 4th round.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

A there in lies the problem, when was our last FA Cup romance? People would rather a big prem team now, we know we will go out early doors anyway, we may as well do it at Old Trafford
    Glory boys day out then.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Chris Powell swinging off the crossbar at Hillsborough after a Simon Church winner to spoil the media desired Sheffield derby was a good recent memory personally.

I just love the cup, are we going to win it no but is it potentially the only bit of excitement we might get from this season, for me that is a yes, so I will be going.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    i actually think demand could be quite high for tickets for this one ive never been so may have to go to tick it off the list, is it 15% for fa cup? so should get 1500ish
  • Options
    Demand will be massive, we will sell this out two three times over
  • Options

i actually think demand could be quite high for tickets for this one ive never been so may have to go to tick it off the list, is it 15% for fa cup? so should get 1500ish

Yes 15%, we took 2K+ there for some midweek league one games so 1500ish is probably about right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who will Harriott play for?

no chance of it being us as he is cup tied

Can Callum play against us?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Who will Harriott play for?

no chance of it being us as he is cup tied

Can Callum play against us?
    depends on what happens. If we sell him to them then probably yes, if we extend the loan then we will probably say no he can't play against us so in all probability he won't play for either side

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Not me, I love the Cup, always take a cup run over worrying about the league and 3rd round draw is one of my fave moments of the year, however an away game in a souless, new, empty, out of town ground against a team we have played in recent times, is not my idea of Cup Romance. Now if it was Layer road still that would be a different kettle of fish altogether.
  • Options
    looking forward to this, if the game stays 3pm Saturday Liverpool St with Pompey going to Ipswich could be busy.

Maybe we should use the Cup, whilst we are still in it, as a chance to show what our support could be like if we were all onside. Almost like a non demonstration/demonstration.

Its close by and tickets should be plentiful and cheap so we could take a few and make a point.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Reckon I might be up for this. Not seen us play Colchester since a pre-season friendly. I think it was 2-2, Hermanator scored, and Dennis rommedahl played. I thought he was going to be great.

New Year's Day, haven't slept, still drunk but also hungover, they're bottom of the table, Kevin Lisbie beats us with two including an overhead. DON'T PRETEND YOU WEREN'T THERE
  • Options
    Awful away day, typical modern ground, probably go having said that.

J BLOCK said:

There's nothing romantic about Colchesters ground, particularly when you've been 3 times already and remember Llera's performance, which is the definition of embarrassing.

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

looking forward to this, if the game stays 3pm Saturday Liverpool St with Pompey going to Ipswich could be busy.

Maybe we should use the Cup, whilst we are still in it, as a chance to show what our support could be like if we were all onside. Almost like a non demonstration/demonstration.

Its close by and tickets should be plentiful and cheap so we could take a few and make a point.

And Pompey will prolly have more fans going to Ipswich if their allocation is big enough
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

And Pompey will prolly have more fans going to Ipswich if their allocation is big enough
    They all live in London/Ipswich
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

ChiAddick said:

Cheers. Despite all the doom and gloom I will go to this. Didn't go in our league one years. Hope tickets are sensibly priced. Do you know if the shuttle is free?

Shuttle has been decommissioned mate, I think there were some general safety fears, maybe to do with those heat resistant tiles
    Okay, so is there anything else laid on, and where?
    Teleportation?
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

That is a given, we will not take 2000 whereas Portsmouth will get a bigger allocation.

Besides, they took more to Carlisle than we did!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saturday 3pm confirmed
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Awful away day, typical modern ground, probably go having said that.

J BLOCK said:

There's nothing romantic about Colchesters ground, particularly when you've been 3 times already and remember Llera's performance, which is the definition of embarrassing.

Llera OG and that awful sound system that loosened the fillings in your teeth.

Still fancy it though....
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Saturday 3pm confirmed

'The Addicks' third-round tie has not been selected for television coverage.'
    Ha ha! No shit!
  • Options
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow restricted to Valley Gold/season ticket holders 2 per person.
  • Options
    I bought online from Colchester, main stand half-way line so a good view.

To register and buy took me five minutes, could not have been simpler.

• Options
    Bump. How many sold? Anyone planning on going after being inspired by our off the pitch display?
  • Options
    Colchester was one of the very few games I missed when we won the league.
    Looking forward to ticking another new ground off.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Bump. How many sold? Anyone planning on going after being inspired by our off the pitch display?

About 1200, so there appears to be about 400 left.

We'd have sold these ages ago if the club had allowed us to go down the easy route of selling over the counter.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

ChiAddick said:

About 1200, so there appears to be about 400 left.

We'd have sold these ages ago if the club had allowed us to go down the easy route of selling over the counter.

na, the online thing is bloody ridiculous though. I despair at how they do things.
  • Options
    Just bought our train tickets, if you buy as three adults you qualify for the GroupSave discount which makes it only £16.25 per adult travelling on any train. Add to that the £16.50 match ticket price and it'll probably be the cheapest away game outside of London this season !