Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

leeds the latest to pull a stroke

Go into administration now, so the 10 points come off this season and not next....

Comments

• Options
    On the last weekend of the season. Hopefully it'll go on next seasons....
  • Options
    how can they immediately sell it back to effectively the same company, with the same chairman ????????
  • Options
    Not the first club to do it to be honest
  • Options
    Can't blame Leeds for taking advantage of this - the League needs to change the rules so that if this happens near the end of a season and the points deduction doesn't affect the club's status then the points deduction applies for the following season.
  • Options
    And let's face it if it were our club, we would want our "board" to do the same-

Perish the thought that Ken Bates would ever be our chairman though. :-((((
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how can they immediately sell it back to effectively the same company, with the same chairman ????????

Completely different company.

This is something I have to deal with on a daily basis and it annoys the hell out of me, the law surrounding Limited companies is a complete joke.
  • Options
    what has a cordless drill and the championship got in common? no leeds.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how can they immediately sell it back to effectively the same company, with the same chairman ????????

Completely different company.

This is something I have to deal with on a daily basis and it annoys the hell out of me, the law surrounding Limited companies is a complete joke.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold. Leeds demand for payment for Carl Harris push us into receivership in '84.

In '84 as we dodged a lot of the old debts but the rules were different then and other clubs did it. Don't think we ever paid for the pies at Blackburn : - )
  • Options
    i know it wont happen but, i would piss myself if they won 4-0 and hull lost 5-0 this weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i know it wont happen but, i would piss myself if they won 4-0 and hull lost 5-0 this weekend.

That would be so funny.
  • Options
    Bates of course is very canny. Not only has he avoided the 10 point deduction next season, but he has wiped out all the debts at a stroke and bought the club back for bugger all!