Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Owned by RD in the Championship or fan-owned in League 2?

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
Hypothetical Monday!

What would you prefer?

Struggling in the Championship year after year under RDs ownership, or taking the hit of a couple of relegations but being fan owned Portsmouth style?

Pompey are fan owned but havent really threatened to get themselves out of League 2. The plus side is the club is fan owned, so theres less danger of a millionaire owner with little affection for the club, using it for his own ends and running them into the ground. There are also issues with being fan owned, and if someone here has any thoughts on those please add them.

Would you rather continue at a higher level with the current set-up, assuming me manage to stay up of course!

Comments

• Options
    I'd go for the National League or lower rather than what we have now.

Don't care what league we're in so long as we're in it together.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I honestly don't know if supporter ownership (as in having 51% of the club owned by supporters) could work at Charlton, our supporter base is too fragmented and there are too many egos.
  • Options
    Id be interested to know how the player budget works in a fan owned club. Is there a whip round every weekend or something?
  • Options
    Christ, you'd need to get a UN peacekeeping force in for every AGM.

In all seriousness, perhaps the question should be posed as this: "Would you be willing to be part of a group of fans stumping up a few million quid each year in League 2 to keep a mostly-empty Valley still standing?"
  • Options
    edited December 2015

"Would you be willing to be part of a group of fans stumping up a few million quid each year in League 2 to keep a mostly-empty Valley still standing?"

Imagine that written in the programme every week.....
  • Options
    Championship football all day long! Football is a business now days, needs to be run like one not with the heart unfortunately
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

Championship football all day long! Football is a business now days, needs to be run like one not with the heart unfortunately

You think we're being run like a business?
  • Options
    The fan model simply doesn't work unless you are a low budget L2 or National League team or in the PL with massive TV money.
  • Options
    I can't imagine being able to care much less than I do now so the status quo is not an option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would not trust the fans with the club sadly.
  • Options

I would not trust the fans with the club sadly.

But you trust the clown we have now?
  • Options

I'd go for the National League or lower rather than what we have now.

Don't care what league we're in so long as we're in it together.

Absolutely this.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I honestly don't know if supporter ownership (as in having 51% of the club owned by supporters) could work at Charlton, our supporter base is too fragmented and there are too many egos.

Im not sure Id want colin 1989 or curbs 1985 or whatever theyre called to have a say. Probably start a fund to bring that polish twat back.
  • Options
    Not sure about supporter ownership but I'd rather we were playing in L2 with our Charlton back than the mess we have at the moment.
  • Options
    I would always choose fan ownership but if it would work at our club is a different question, I do know my Portsmouth supporting friends have never seemed happier with their football then they are now but then they have a bigger hardcore support to fall back on then we do.