Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charity match fitness regime tips from a top couch, I mean coach

And up and down and up and down, 1 2 3 4.......
And now the other eyebrow.
Ok so other ideas for a good workout to get you in shape for the forthcoming match:

Instead of walking, try RUNNING to the fridge to get that snack and beer.
Use HEAVIER knitting needles, lads, as you knit next season's scarf.
Don't speed dial on your mobile. Type the number out in full, and FEELthe burn.
Diet: next time you get a KFC bargain bucket, think do I NEED to eat all 10 pieces or shall I give one of them to the wife?
Leave the remote a few inches out of your reach, so you have to MOVE slightly to change channel.

Well that's enough for one day, anyone else got any hot tips for us healthily challenged members of the squad?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]And up and down and up and down, 1 2 3 4.......
    And now the other eyebrow.
    Ok so other ideas for a good workout to get you in shape for the forthcoming match:

Instead of walking, try RUNNING to the fridge to get that snack and beer.
    Use HEAVIER knitting needles, lads, as you knit next season's scarf.
    Don't speed dial on your mobile. Type the number out in full, and FEELthe burn.
    Diet: next time you get a KFC bargain bucket, think do I NEED to eat all 10 pieces or shall I give one of them to the wife?
    Leave the remote a few inches out of your reach, so you have to MOVE slightly to change channel.

Well that's enough for one day, anyone else got any hot tips for us healthily challenged members of the squad?

I tried that leaving the remote out of reach rubbish, absolutely useless at! after ten minutes I gave up and called the Missus from the kitchen to pass it over, am I pushing myself to hard at this stage?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Work up to it Covered End, try simply scrolling through all the channels on Sky as a warm up :)
    And I hope the missus was in the kitchen preparing you a healthy snack of deep fried lettuce in batter ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Work up to it Covered End, try simply scrolling through all the channels on Sky as a warm up :)
    And I hope the missus was in the kitchen preparing you a healthy snack of deep fried lettuce in batter ;)

thats where I went wrong then, I can see now why felt a slight twinge in the old cruciate,
  • Options
    lol, quality.

remember, upper arm strength is important as it gives balance. A half pint, or a bottle, is no challenge, so make sure you order a pint for a full proper arm workout !
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    when walking home from the pub, avoid walking in straight lines. this will simulate all the twists and turns needed during a match. this will also make a simple 10 minute journey, a 60 minute work out.
  • Options
    Come on, this is all you need to know!

And I bet you can pick this up cheaply!
  • Options
    Put 48 sugars in your tea - not only do you have to stir it more to mix it in, but the extra viscosity means that the resistance will build your arm muscles up in no time.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]when walking home from the pub, avoid walking in straight lines. this will simulate all the twists and turns needed during a match. this will also make a simple 10 minute journey, a 60 minute work out.
    I cracked this one friday night, bloody easy : )