Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dr Kish's Take On The Current Situation...........Prepare To Be Depressed

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
BUSINESS IS BUSINESS, BUT IT'S NOT FOOTBALL
23-Dec 04:17, by Glyn Hopping

Our East Stander shares his views on the current situation at the club.

As I am sure it has been a continuing source of debate around the four corners of The Valley, the club's seemingly unstoppable spiral towards League One has been the only subject for discussion in the confines of the East Stand lately.

As we have heard from other quarters, the fall in attendances have been apparent all around us, such that fewer and fewer participants arrive each week as the season progresses towards halfway.

However, as this terrible season appears to be turning from bad to worse, should we really be surprised? I read with interest Louis Mendez's recent article in South London Press where he questioned 'the footballing philosophy of this failing organisation'. But I have long since dismissed any thought of there being any 'footballing philosophy' with the current owner and his flunky followers.

I will expand a train of thought that I have held and, indeed, proffered to those of us that are still prepared to turn up on the terraces of the East Stand;

More...

Comments

• Options
    Apologies if already posted.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Can't fault Dr Kish's Practice for coming up with this diagnosis, stick together and keep up the protests ya'll it's the least we can do :disappointed:
  • Options
    What do you think @tricky?
  • Options
    Well, merry bloody Christmas.
  • Options
    Spot on. Football is hardly relevant.
  • Options
    So RD is selling both the training ground and The Valley. When is this happening ?
  • Options
    In the summer. Read the article ;-)
  • Options
    Spot on. Footballing performance and club status isn't important for Duchatelet or Meire.
  • Options
    Isn't it upsetting!! But not as much as calling them Belgian W**kers! is!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So we're essemntially a corner shop?

Maybe we'll develop into a Spar, Premier Store or a Nisa

eventually becoming an Alldays

before upgrading to a Co-Op,

then an ASDA or ALDI,

maybe one day we'll be a Morrisons

There's no way we'll be a Tesco or Sainsburys unless you're talking express or local.

We'll absolutely never be able to compete with any of the Waitrose, M&S Foods or Fortnam and Masons of this world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doomongering!

Whilst he hasn't quite achieved a profit yet, in fact he hasn't got to break even

Achieved a profit!!!

I don't agree with his managerial decisions, but he must be a million miles away from achieving a profit!

Jeez who do these people think is funding the losses at the club?

We lost £8 million in his first year!
  • Options

Eh?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Can't fault Dr Kish for coming up with this diagnosis, stick together and keep up the protests ya'll it's the least we can do :disappointed:

Not actually by Dr Kish but by Glyn Hopping
  • Options
    Happy Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

then an ASDA or ALDI,

There's no way we'll be a Tesco or Sainsburys unless you're talking express or local.

We'll absolutely never be able to compete with any of the Waitrose, M&S Foods or Fortnam and Masons of this world.

More like Costcutter...
  • Options
    edited December 2015

RedChaser said:

Can't fault Dr Kish for coming up with this diagnosis, stick together and keep up the protests ya'll it's the least we can do :disappointed:

I did realise that Henners and was using poetic license as it is taken from Dr Kish's site, but to keep everyone happy, I've amended it to Dr Kish's Practice :wink:
  • Options

RedChaser said:

pretty much a nothing article imo. All doom mongering but without any substance and this bloke has no more credibility than I do on such issues.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

then an ASDA or ALDI,

More like Costcutter...

We're going to end up like Woolworths
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Not convinced with this article, too many unknowns ... however, as Prague states, it could well be true ... and the unknowns are entirely the fault of our owner as he does not want 'his children' to know anything.

There is no doubt we will have a wider understanding by the end of January and we will see more definitive evidence as to whether or not the main thrust of the article is correct.

Personally I think the Lookman sale will not happen until summer but RD may try some form of 'sale and leaseback' as Palaarse did with Zaha.

Whatever happens, things do not look rosy at the Valley and I get the feeling that we will have to raise our issues more openly with the media, both mainstream and social, from early next year.

But then again, RD may surprise us with a new experienced manager in January accompanied by 4 or 5 good signings for the squad ... I know, I know, my optimism coming out again, but we can aways hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed It said:

Dazzler21 said:

then an ASDA or ALDI,

More like Costcutter...

We're going to end up like Woolworths
    an "online only" football team?....how will that work?
  • Options
    RD is just stupid. No point analysing his plans. He isn't capable of making plans.
  • Options
    Not sure I agree with everything suggested in that opinion piece but think we all know now that on pitch success as a team has no interest to RD, he is only interested in if the saleable assets like Lookman or Gudmundsson have a decent game in front of the scouts of potential buyers.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I did realise that Henners and was using poetic license as it is taken from Dr Kish's site, but to keep everyone happy, I've amended it to Dr Kish's Practice :wink:
    I read this in his blog first and it doesn't read like Dr Kish, and from what I know of him it isn't the sort of thing I'd expect him to day either. Even though I don't know what his sources are he, obviously, knows someone at the club as he often reports things that I haven't heard anywhere else and they often turn out to be true. With this it is more than a little mischievous to attribute this article to him personally. I think the title of the thread is misleading, and should probably be changed.

One other point though, and I've not spoken to Dr Kish about it, we seem to think it's ok for the local newspapers to put links to their advert ridden sites for articles, and criticism is levelled at anyone that cuts and pasts the article into this site yet it seems to be ok for a fan that writes articles in his own time, and for no financial reward, at all, to take hits away from hos own site by copying and pasting his article.

I, personally, think it's nothing more than paranoia. I, actually, think that RD has good intentions but he is just not capable, either himself or those he's hired, or both, to achieve the desired results. The suggestion that he took lots of money from SL is also a little misleading as I don't think he chose to sell he was 'chased out' and in those circumstances you wouldn't expect him to leave them loads of money behind and him take losses with him would you? If you were evicted from your house you would't leave your wallet with money in it on the kitchen table for the net occupants would you?

I think there are lots of things wrong with the club at the moment but I don't think that he is adding real value to the stadium or the training ground with the money he's spend on them. Realistically he would have to find a buyer that wanted a football stadium and/or a training ground facility. If the sites were going to be developed for housing, which is what I imagine would be the most financially profitable, then the stadium and the training ground buildings would probably have to be demolished anyway.
  • Options
    The article has more holes in it than our defence to be honest.

Compare us to a widget making business? Why? You spend money on improving a factory and it has a resale value. You spend money on a football ground and it doesnt.
  • Options
    about the most sensible thing on here for some time @redman
  • Options
    There are lots of other contributions on Dr Kish's site but @mistrollingin selected the most depressing here are some others, a bit more balanced.

'RD strategy is peculiar but we cannot forgot he is investing money into the infrastructure of the club. I think his strategy is simply, make Charlton a sustainable business, that spends little in fees and wages and sells an academy player every season who has made c20-30 appearances for £3m+.

What I think we all fail to understand is if we recruited a manager who knows the league with a few more quid to invest in proven championship players, rather than relying on this hopeless net work of scouts we could feasible push top 6. (sacking the scouts could save a few quid to invest in a decent player).

Charlton are now at the pinnacle of RDs network of clubs which means the only use we have for the network would be to give reserve team players first team action elsewhere. However our squad is so thread bear we cannot even do that.

RD saved the club but I'm not sure if his ideologies work in football. Maybe he needs to be a little bit more like other foreign Chairman and speculate to accumulate to reach the TV riches of the Prem, or a few more quid for players and a sensible manager and we become a mid table Championship club.

Right now both appeal to me!! ‎

Colin Pearson'

'The Club have many frailties but we have one major strength-0ur Youth team strategy and Academy production line

The hope of the management team is to keep producing new players and sell them - much in the same way that Crewe have been doing for years.

Unfortunately this means that we have no serious ambition to be a Big Club again - just a Nusery or a development club for the Big Clubs

It could be considered that if at some time the Academy players really gelled and became a real
    Tour de Force,that the management would see fit to invest some serious money to support the Club's progress and development.Currently we are producing one or two exceptional players on a regular basis but not enough for us to make a winning side in an unsupported way.The young players try hard,but often lack stamina and experience over a number of games ,and as a consequence,a lack of confidence and is soon exposed.

We need to break this sequence of events by

(1) retaining our best players
    (2)meld the next generation in progressively with the first team so that they gain experience quickly and
    (3)Buy in some good professional players who can assist the young ones and stabilise the team
    (4)appoint some quality managerial staff

Winning builds confidence ,not meaningless and desperate changes both at managerial and player level

The current strategy needs a complete overhaul,otherwise we will never iprogress or develop just by importing sub standard players from other R.D. owned clubs

Only the best is good enough for Charlton and it's supporters- not this amateur management approach

Lost in the West‎'
  • Options
    I'm very confident in saying that Charlton will have the best academy in league one next year.