Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Awesome things about Charlton Athletic FC

2»

Comments

• Options
    Our pitch is better than most of the ones on Sky Sports 1

The ground is really close to the station, no having to walk through the length of a shithole like Middlesbrough to get to it.

Our kids are bloody good footballers

We are building training facilities that will only enhance the youth setup we have

We are stand out in terms of community work and the Upbeats etc.
  • Options
    Free Stadium Wifi that actually works so during those bad games, fans can watch Sky Go
  • Options
    We have the biggest and best training ground in New Eltham.
  • Options
    Its all about the people at The Valley; I love it that when we lose or draw and should have won there is something akin to a Buddha-esque acceptance of the situation whilst waiting to get up the stairs in the East Stand and that when we win I can turn around to anyone and talk about the game, the goal, the whatever. These things happen in all grounds I am certain but they are certainly awesome at Charlton as there is no smug arrogance like at some other clubs.
  • Options
    Our name starts and end with the same letter and first and last names consist of the same amount of letters. Everything is Awesome!!!!
  • Options
    We're usually a good bet for an answer on Pointless.
  • Options
    Oh - we have an affiliated women's team, and they're quite good
  • Options
    Compared to most football clubs, not too many arseholes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    - My family and friends that I sit with and ensure I always go even in tough times like now.

- it's my local team and we have dropped to a level we have got rid of plastic fans.

- we made the first ever substitute

- we played the best game to ever be played at Wembley

- the vast majority of the low paid, hard working, conscientious staff at the club

- we have appeared in Only Fools and Horses and Dennis Penis.

- we have never ripped off the St Johns Ambulance
  • Options
    We have a fantastic 'Muslim addicks' community of which I am a keen member
  • Options
    Currently, the high quality young players we bring through.
  • Options
    We are so good, only 2% of our fan base ever get disgruntled.
  • Options
    We play in red, which happens to be the bestest colour in the whole wide world
  • Options
    On a clear day you can see the Olympic Stadium from the back of the West Stand.
  • Options
    Everything out side the current Management/Ownership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are the club that lays on smoking facilities in our toilets, despite those pesky health and safety rules.
  • Options
    A photo of an ex-player has appeared in Father Ted.
  • Options
    Me and @AFKABartram songs for new players heard by many in the upper north stand on a match day
  • Options

Is that true? Pray tell (see what I did there).
  • Options
    Stig said:

Is that true? Pray tell (see what I did there).
    Yes, was watching last night, there was a photo by Jack. It was of Jack Charlton and Maurice Setters.
  • Options
    Posted after heavy Christmas lunch, please forgive spelling.

1 The only football team in England to form its own political party ( and get more than 14,000 votes)

2 The first team in England to go from the third division to the Second and first in successive seasons ( and then finish runners up in the first)

3 The only team in football league history to win 7. 6( and only one of four teams to draw 6 6)

4 The team with the first ever football league substitute

5 the team with the first player in FA cup history to score in both goals in an FA Cup Finsl

6 The only team in FA cup history to lose a game and make the final.

We are unique, never forget it!

• Options
    We are the only club who inspired The Skids to write a hit record about walking down Floyd Road.